[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here are the real degree tiers. Pro-tip: anything that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: degree tiers.jpg (217KB, 1070x898px) Image search: [Google]
degree tiers.jpg
217KB, 1070x898px
Here are the real degree tiers. Pro-tip: anything that isn't actively stigmatized will still get you a non-specialized job that calls for a degree, making all bachelor's degrees effectively low-tier at worst on this scale save the ones with bad reputations.

The rest is based on a combination of salaries, employability, and social prestige.
>>
>getting a piece of paper as a contract for wagecuckery
>>
You know how I know this is still a meme chart?

Computer Science, despite representing the fastest growing white collar job sector in the country, with people starting out at $100-200k as software engineers, in a society that is becoming progressively more dominated by your "apps", and "programs", and "big data", is still "mid tier" because you are a thick retard who doesn't actually know what most of these degrees entail in 2017

any and all even remotely related engineering majors in my graduating class were scrumming for our software jobs because that's where the money and opportunities are
>>
File: 1476832083183.jpg (6KB, 200x193px)
1476832083183.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>>2930770
>tfw fell for the stem meme in the worst country to graduate as an engineer
>>
To be fair, there's a lot of CS degree holders that are shit at development. If you go with CS, then you'll be working with these retards for awhile.
>>
Any piece of paper+connections= god tier
>>
You forgot shit like nursing and trades, the former will get you an entry level out of school salary of $50k-$60k in most major cities and the latter exploding depending on how far you take it.
>>
I'm going into my senior year getting my BS in chemistry and I honestly have no idea what I want to do. Graduate school is an option I suppose. Am I fucked?
>>
File: IMG_1234.png (748KB, 1440x1424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1234.png
748KB, 1440x1424px
>>2930770
This weak, slapped together illustration is weak
Like just fucking retarded, I mean wtf IR in "top" tier LMFAO
Consult this chart again after you've graduated and realize that you're a legit retard
>>
>>2930836
Have you looked at pharmacology? Would that even transfer to your field? I know petrochemical engineering is pretty big right now where I am.
>>
>>2930770
Every Arts-related/Humanities degree belongs to the low/shit-tier and that includes Liberal Arts, Sociology and linguistics-focused subjects (English).

For Mid-tier, Sport Science and General Science fits perfectly into this category, along with Communication studies/Media Analytics and Psychology.
>>
>>2930852
I'd be interested in developing the drugs moreso than being the pharmacist, that's for sure. I'm considering getting my degree, going to another school to take some engineering courses, and then obtaining my MS in chem. engineering. My problem is that there's so much to choose from.
>>
>>2930770
A decade since we hit normie full time age and you might as well flip the tiers, maybe in another decade they will flip back but moon missions are starting and the gap is getting bigger. This is not accounting for shit tier though, I don't know anybody from the shit tier.
>>
Truly god tier: English, literature, philosophy, poetry...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.