[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it be too late if I get back into the crypto market sometime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1501530857635.jpg (44KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1501530857635.jpg
44KB, 640x638px
Will it be too late if I get back into the crypto market sometime in early 2018? I'm anticipating a butt-fucking from the IRS since I made over $20,000 off of ETH and DGB, so I'm trying to not touch anything until I get my taxes sorted out, but I'm worried that by then the crypto ship will have sailed
>>
File: 1480391735448.jpg (59KB, 444x783px) Image search: [Google]
1480391735448.jpg
59KB, 444x783px
>>2929552
How many times do I have to say it?

B U Y
U
Y

A N D
N
D

H O D L
O
D
L
>>
>>2929613
You'd still have to pay taxes if you buy
>>
why dont you pay the taxes on it now, rather than wasting what 8 or 9 months between now and next years tax time?
>>
>>2929681
YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD, I have nothing to tell you other than that
>>
>>2929681
>You'd still have to pay taxes if you buy
no you literally do not. you pay cashes when you cash out it's extremely simple.
>>
>>2929770
idk how (I'm retarded)
>>
>>2930123
>>2930123
Look into estimated taxes if you want to go that route...but for real, you don't pay taxes on any capital gains until it's been realized (you sell). If that wasn't the case, there wouldn't be such a thing as long term (holding for over a year - less tax rate) and short term (less than a year - same tax rate as income) capital gains.
>>
>>2930142
I dumped my entire load about a month before the "split" that we had yesterday, so now I'm trying to figure out what happens next. I assumed I'd just have to wait until taxes are due in order to pay what I owe for my gains.

Also, I've heard from some people that only whatever gains you make are taxed, and from others that every transaction is taxed, who is right? I'm in the US, just to be sure
>>
>>2930314
You should at least look into estimated taxes to see if you should pay that. If you need to and don't pay, you'll have to pay a bigger fee in April.

Otherwise, yes, you won't have to worry about paying anything until April.

If I were you, I would get all of my transactions entered on the website bitcoin.tax. It will calculate what you should owe (you'll actually owe less than it says due to tax credits) and will make the process a lot less stressful.
>>
>>2930372
>bitcoin.tax
I'll look into this, thanks
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.