[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I am looking for advice how to invest a rather big lump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Lazy3.png (26KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Lazy3.png
26KB, 300x219px
Hello. I am looking for advice how to invest a rather big lump sum of money. I have already started purchasing.

My mother has never had an investment account, she knows nothing about investing. Everything she has ever earned she saved in a bank account. She is nearing retirement age now and has about 120k that she asked me to invest on her behalf. Obviously 120k is not anywhere close to the million+ nest egg one is supposed to have for retirement, but she did her best.

I have been thinking of dollar cost averaging into a sort of lazy portfolio over the course of the next few months.

A while ago I purchased 5k worth of ETH when it was around 150. I also hand picked and purchased 10k worth of high dividend large cap US stocks (IBM, GE, XOM, MO). I also purchased 5k worth of an international index fund (SCHF).

She has about 100k left to invest. How should I go about doing that? I was thinking to put at least 50k into a bond fund to lower portfolio volatility because she is so close to retirement age, and split the remaining 50k evenly between a portfolio of international and US funds.

Any thoughts on how to allocate the remaining 100k?
>>
File: NNNE.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NNNE.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>2917679
All in long on bitcoin, thank my later
>>
>>2917702
>>2917696
I have a rather sizeable position in both of those coins.

But all memes aside...
>>
>>2917679
Put everything in DGB I want to see another meme born
>>
>>2917679
Bump
>>
File: 1501359385610.jpg (45KB, 569x398px) Image search: [Google]
1501359385610.jpg
45KB, 569x398px
buy moonbean
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.