[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a good idea to get my state license to be a life insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2814.jpg (39KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2814.jpg
39KB, 600x339px
Is it a good idea to get my state license to be a life insurance agent? Or investment agent? I just got hired at a company that will help me pay for those two tests and train me as well.

I'm new to all of this and was just wondering if this whole thing is worth it in the long run, career wise.
>>
You have to be good at selling and talking to people. You will pretty much cold call people and go to random businesses trying to get them to buy your life insurance.

It is a really unpleasant and uncomfortable job especially if you are coming from here, and most people will hate you but if you fall in the right place at the right time you can get rich.
>>
>>2916566
That's what I was worried about. I haven't asked them yet, but is there such thing as these agents being payed hourly plus commission from the policies sold? I'm in California btw if that matters.

My uncle convinced me yesterday to do this, and it sounded okay. The company basically pays all of the test fees and I get training as well. I know it was stupid to not ask about money, I guess I figured I wasn't doing shit currently so why not give it a shot. Especially if they're gonna pay for it.
>>
>>2916587
Some places do hourly I think when you are just starting out but I doubt it. If you don't have anything better to do and can see yourself going up to random businesses and asking them to buy your insurance that they don't want without having an anxiety attack I would give it a shot, you only need one or two big deals and you can coast off the commission for a lifetime sometimes.
>>
>>2916646
Fuck. I might just go this week, I'll let him know I might not be able to do it.

Honestly I'm having anxiety just thinking about leaving for this in an hour. Super regret agreeing to this. I'm hoping that I'm just being a pussy and things will be okay later once I'm out.

I had a position as a freight agent 3 years ago. Basically just trying to get truckers to agree to transport loads. So I guess I do have some experience in sales. However I didn't do the best, a lot of those people already had agents they trusted. I know you said one or two good deals will have a person set, do you know if it's hard to get just an average customer? I mean it sounds a little easy, you just tell people they could die unexpectedly.
>>
Self bump pls
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.