[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitfinex will only give you about 1/3 of BCC over your BTC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: margin.jpg (194KB, 2054x807px) Image search: [Google]
margin.jpg
194KB, 2054x807px
Bitfinex will only give you about 1/3 of BCC over your BTC

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/212

>Distribution Policy
>Due to the net amount of BTC committed in margin positions at the time of the fork, the above methodology may result in Bitfinex seeing a surplus or deficit of BCH. As such, we will be resolving this discrepancy in the form of a socialized distribution coefficient. For example, currently, there are more longs than shorts on the platform, causing a distribution coefficient of ~1.091 (Meaning that for each qualifying BTC a user will receive 1.091 BCH). The actual coefficient will be calculated at the moment of the distribution. Please note that if there are more shorts than longs at the fork event, this coefficient will be less than one. This coefficient can be roughly computed from publicly available information from our API (longs & shorts) and the Blockchain (cold storage).
>We recognize that this model is not perfect, but given the short time frames imposed upon us, better choices are not available.

At the time they made the post there were more longs than shorts, but right now BTC is experiencing an extreme record-high surge of short positions

Withdraw from Bitfinex as soon as possible if you want to get 100% of your BCC

they have a maximum 12 hrs withdrawal limit, but generally complete them within 1 hour, so it's likely not too late

download electrum -> generate address -> withdraw
>>
B-But Anon I lose virtually no money by opening a short position with no fees and holding the same amount in a cold wallet, that's the only way I can get as many FREE BCH as I possibly can afford.
>>
>>2916428
you lose out on the BTC surge that'll inevitably be caused by the strongest short-squeeze in the history of crypto

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_squeeze

also, there ARE fees for shorting on bitfinex, but only the lenders pay it (15-18% of the interest they'd receive), shorters have it built into the interest rates, so it's less visible for them
you just have to pay back more BTC when closing your positions
>>
were to put it? Bittrex?
>>
>>2916458

>>2916407
>download electrum -> generate address -> withdraw

electrum is lightweight, you don't need to download the blockchain. it's the safest option, no matter what kind of chains arise, you'll have your coins on all of them if you the private keys to your coins on aug1

idk what bittrex's policy exactly is on BCC
but it's not the only chain that's arising anyways
>>
>>2916458
you can also just generate a private key here
https://www.bitaddress.org

and withdraw coins to the corresponding address
it's simpler, but make sure noone ever gets access to your private key
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.