[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best entry level job I can get in this shithole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: nyc-2.jpg (272KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nyc-2.jpg
272KB, 1500x500px
What's the best entry level job I can get in this shithole with no experience in anything?
>>
Waiting tables is really competitive but can be somewhat lucrative. Bar tending too. Anything else and you're fucked.
>>
>>2914483
Kneepad collector
>>
>>2914487
>lucrative
stop saying this
>>
lmao you live in fucking nyc how about you come to my fucking country and see how difficult it is to get a job you little fat american whiny bitch
>>
>>2914498
Where do you live, anon?
>>
File: knock knock.jpg (95KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
knock knock.jpg
95KB, 960x1280px
Here's what I did.

You can become an EMT in the FDNY without any experience, all you need is an EMT license to get a passing score on the exam. That's just a 3 month training course that you can do while having a day job. I did it while I was working as a security guard/doorman.

Then since you're already in the FDNY you can become a firefighter through a promotion exam instead of through the open exam, they just had one a couple months ago and 1000 EMTs took it. Because of city regulations they have to hire from that list before they hire people who took the open exam, which means as a regular person even if you got a 98% on the firefighter exam they'd still go for an EMT over you. Once you're a firefighter you get paid quite well.
>>
>>2914494
no
>>
>>2914530
How much do you get paid, anon? I was thinking about a state job but wasn't syre what direction to head in.
>>
>>2914530
>telling op to die in 9/12
>>
>>2914498
He was asking for advice relative to his situation. No one cares about your impoverished backwater Pajeet.
>>
>>2914498
Pajeet
>>
>>2914537
as an EMT my take home pay was only around $2000-3000 a month depending on if I worked overtime, but there are good benefits. Not gonna lie its hard to do more than make ends meet on that salary, I was able to put together substantial savings but only because I was living with my parents.

as a probationary firefighter (first year) its around $5000 a month without overtime, it will go up each year

also bear in mind that the cutoff age to take the firefighter exam is 29, so if you're already 25+ it might not work out. You could become a paramedic instead though.
>>
>>2914604
Do you deal with a lot of junkies and obese people?
>>
>>2914615
junkies, drunks, the homeless, drunk homeless junkies

You do occasionally help nice people and deal with some real emergencies, it also has a legitimate amount of prestige to it. I worked more than 12 different kinds of jobs before I became an EMT and it was without a doubt the best one. The only reason I didn't stay in EMS was the pay, which is really unfortunate.

As for obese people yeah you have to deal with them sometimes, but when that happens you just bring a bunch of firefighters with you to help carry them out. Sometimes in serious emergencies with a serious fatass we'd just lay them down at the top of the stairs and slide them down it instead of carrying them.
>>
>>2914637
>Sometimes in serious emergencies with a serious fatass we'd just lay them down at the top of the stairs and slide them down it instead of carrying them.

Kek, that's hilarious to picture.

Good on you for finding a job you like anon, best of luck with the exams.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.