[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sob Story Thread I am locked in a massive long with ETH. I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: hmmm.jpg (22KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
Sob Story Thread

I am locked in a massive long with ETH. I would do anything to not be. I am very convinced that after or right on August 1st, it will move. Right now though, it is on margin, and I can't move anything without upping my liquidation point to something I'm not comfortable with.

Bitcoin Cash fucked up the whole thing for me. It's to me an obvious scam to keep the bitcoin price inflated so whales can slowly dump. I would have loved to play this, throw my bitcoin on Polo lending for 60 day contracts with 4% DAILY lending rates. I have roughly 30 BTC.

I've considered just cutting my losses and doing this, but I only have three days before I think the situation is solved. It burns me though because I rarely ever enter into large positions, but I did it and its fucked.

Where are you at anon? Share your sob story, get mocked, maybe people will offer some good advice.
>>
Why are you sobbing?
You're staying in your position since you're confident. Yeah you didn't get in at the right time, but the odds of that are 10000:1. Just take solace in the fact that you recognised what others didn't. Hold fast, have patience, don't let greed consume you and take your profit in due time.
Do some self-reflection after you close your position and learn from your mistakes, then become a better trader.
Good luck OP!
>>
>>2913145
Thanks for the pick me up, anon.
Honestly didn't expect a good message on /biz/.
But yeah, I did learn alot. I usually only trade in the market, no margin, keep about half my stack on lending for easy gains. Got addicted because I did some margin trading and came up a few BTC ahead 4 times. That is the thing with margin I guess, only takes one to fuck you up.
>>
>>2913214
I'd suggest reading Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and Market Wizards, they both helped me explore a wider range of trading strategies and the psychology behind it.
Margin trading is risky, but it becomes a lot less stressful if you have supreme confidence and have tight risk control.
One piece of advice I can give you is use a three-pronged approach:
Fundamental Analysis
Technical Analysis
Trigger Warning (i.e. some sort of sign that the market is about to move, independent of the above two)
I'd still expect to lose trades with this, but using risk control I can limit my losses and ride out my winners.
>>
>>2913278
Wtf a good post.
It's an awesome book.

Why would I sell my position? I couldn't think of doing that. It's a bull market you know.
>>
At what price did you enter into this position?
>>
File: Lolwutmario.gif (67KB, 477x439px) Image search: [Google]
Lolwutmario.gif
67KB, 477x439px
When will you daytraders learn

just eat the loss, im sure you'll find another coin you can daytrade with and lose even more money
>>
>>2913307
I think ya'll are right. I'm going to ride it out. The only previous example of this in crypto was the ETH fork, and ETH tanked. Logically, BTC will do the same. All the technicals are there to suggest so. But it's crypto, so uhh

Thanks for the reading suggestion >>2913278

>>2913278
>>
>>2913500
My base price is .12
Not looking to get it all back, a predictable uptrend that I can do the waves with a upwards bias would do the trick though.
>>
File: smuggie.jpg (49KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
smuggie.jpg
49KB, 499x499px
Every one of my buys is down. Some are down over 50%.

I don't care though. Big gains, big losses
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.