[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /biz/ strategy for margin trading? 1) how long do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: static1.squarespace.png (38KB, 1500x1030px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.png
38KB, 1500x1030px
What is /biz/ strategy for margin trading?
1) how long do you keep a margin call for on average?
2) do you close account when you reach your target?
3) do you keep your position open, changing between shorting and longing for the duration its open for?
>>
Long low
Short high
>>
>>2907339
more detail about duration??
Do you ever just close the open position ? or do you specify what price you want to sell at?
>>
>>2907336
3) you'd be dead in a second if you tried to switch like that all the time, maybe only the most skilled can ride the waves like that
>>
>>2907447
I DUN IT

if im wrong I'll change positions instead of take a loss
>>
>>2907447
I feel suicidal when I do it, but in a junkie-with-nothing to lose type way. That's why I was curious about how biz does it
>>
>>2907336

your questions literally don't make any sense:

>1) how long do you keep a margin call for on average?

What? a margin call means your margin % has dropped too low and your position is automatically liquidated aka closed

>2) do you close account when you reach your target?

close your account? you are asking if you close your trading account when you reach a price target? what?

>3) do you keep your position open, changing between shorting and longing for the duration its open for?

Literally makes no sense whatsoever. You can't change your position from short to long without closing your existing position first.

you are either a non-english speaker or a fucking retard
>>
>>2907989
No, you'd be chopped up because someone would notice a panicker and make some free money, or you'd just not know what's going on and keep trying to go back to $0. Best to just close out when you're wrong and think about it
>>
>>2907994
I only do margin on the rare times I think a big event will happen and the market is wrong about it, giving me a shot to win big. Last time I did was the USA Presidential election day
>>
>>2908725
For someone whos made such an effort to correct the errors in that post, you should know that you most certainly can change positions. The base price will change of course, and unrealized profit is less that if you were to stick to a decision.
>>
>>2908785
>you should know that you most certainly can change positions

do you know what an "open position" is? it means a position that has not been closed.

Show me an exchange that allows you to change your open position from short to long without closing it first

Btw, if you want to talk about trading, you should start by learning the correct terminology as you obviously don't understand the words you are using.
>>
>>2908794
>>2908794

holy shit stop correcting my grammar and fuck off back to your >$500 portfolio

you can literally change positions despite your original call WITHOUT closing a position. that is the question for biz. do you close, take a loss, then change? or do you start by let's say shorting, then if wrong buying more than amount shorted for with a higher baseline.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.