[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you tell what a built up area will do? I have an aparment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: architecture-1.jpg (504KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
architecture-1.jpg
504KB, 1680x1050px
How can you tell what a built up area will do? I have an aparment in sydney that im renting out, decent income for doing nothing, but i worry about the value dropping because of pricing reaching a possible popping point
>>
>>2889633
just out of curiosity what do you get when you take the value of what you think it's worth or what you paid (if recent enough that there would be a small change) divided by monthly income before any expenses or vacancy?
>>
>>2889633
fuck how good are real estate artists getting
that nice sunset basked apartment building makes me wanna buy one right now even though i could never afford it
>>
>>2889633
Bubbles are always a possibility in real estate, but big cities like Sydney will always get migration from all around the world. It's a trend that will not end until something drastic happens and the world as we know it changes.

So the value may fluctuate from time to time but it will always be there.
>>
>>2889672
246, the worth is about 1.6 million, i obviously didnt pay for that. The monthly income is $6500 before expenses.

>>2889694
the way i see it, aside from the chinese investors the market seems to be more favored towards buying houses over renting. I might be wrong though
>>
>>2889716
also i get what youre saying, if the value stays the same or increases in the next 20 years (more than likely over such a long period) then its worth it as a safe investment.
>>
>>2889716
where I am in the US a number that high (246) usually would indicate expectation of ability to raise rents either through potential to improve condition or very bullish expectations in the area. Is there a lot of similar stuff available for sale? I know nothing about sydney but the stuff you should be looking at depends on your timeframe for holding. If you are considering very long term holding look at things like population growth, demographics, neighborhood factors, expectations. For a shorter period look at things like competing supply available to buyers right now, price per square foot trends, sale volume, and see what you can get as a buyer as far as monthly rent/listing price for similar properties (if yours is much higher or lower ask whether it's justified by some future expectation). Don't forget about transaction costs, tax implications, and what you would be able to do with the money in case of selling.
>>
>>2889771
not in the location, its close to the beach and modern where as a lot of other rentals are run down old style buildings that are also further from the coast. I know these are a little cheaper (5600/ month, 2bed 1/2 bath). Of course if i sold it at or near 1.6million thats a lot of money to invest elsewhere.
>>
>>2889716
>$6500 monthly income on 1.6 million
That's fucking terrible. Sell it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.