[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Bitcoin Cash is gonna fork themselves a coin on August 1st

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: BasketballSanta.jpg (173KB, 1278x799px)
BasketballSanta.jpg
173KB, 1278x799px
So Bitcoin Cash is gonna fork themselves a coin on August 1st and one that you get BCC coins from equal to the amount of BTC.
The price of BTC may initially dip and BCC might never make it.

So say you have 3k and you're gonna spend it on BTC beforehand, or something unrelated and ""secure"" like ETH.

What do you do?
Is having more BTC on August 1. a good or a bad thing?
>>
>>2877080

Historically when BTC dips, ETH dips even more relative to it.

My plan is to hold in BTC and LTC, then trade my BTC for ETH when the BTC-ETH dip starts reversing.

Then hold my BCC and see what happens with it. Doesn't seem like many western exchanges will exchange it immediately.
>>
>>2877080
Where do they confirm you will get BCC from your BTC? What's to stop them just starting the new chain from scratch?
>>
>>2877204
this sort of fork was the Bitcoin Cash plan all along, they are just mad everything with the speedups seems to be running smooth and so they decide to create the coin the coded anyway.
>>
>>2877204

"What's to stop them?"

What would motivate them to do that in the first place?
>>
>>2877184
>when the BTC-ETH dip starts reversing.
Can you be more preceise what you mean by that?
>>
>>2877080
It's really complicated.

Ultimately I like the fact that BCC exists because it should help to deter miners from defecting from the 2MB HF.

As a chain though, transactions are almost certainly going to be unworkable, especially in the initial days.

If the 2MB HF goes through I think BCC will become basically worthless. If, on the other hand, core forces miners to defect, you may very well see a huge shift to BCC. It's improbable, but not impossible, that BCC gains the majority of hashpower in 6-12 months.

So I don't know what to say. It may very well be worth actively trading between the pairs. I'd expect to see extraordinary volatility in BCC over the next few weeks
>>
>>2877248

The value of ETH/BTC. Right now it's been hovering around .08 consistently as BTC price changes.
>>
>>2877080
>bitcoin
>cash
what a stupid fucking name.
>>
>>2877243
Starting again, they could premine a shit ton of coins like many of the current ICOs and shitcoins have done.

Also a smaller initial blockchain download could encourage more people to adopt. Even better, if their scam fails, they can just run off with the BTC you send them for your now worthless BCC.
>>
>>2877316

I think a fork off the world's biggest coin would be better for kickstarting a crypto.

Come August 1, hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of people across the world will have BCC and will be interested in potentially trading it. Sounds better than starting from scratch and emulating sketchy shitcoins and ICOs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.