[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some real advice, /biz/. Just spent my summer as a full-time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2361.jpg (48KB, 381x286px)
IMG_2361.jpg
48KB, 381x286px
Need some real advice, /biz/. Just spent my summer as a full-time intern at $26/hr. How can I grow my couple thousand dollars?
>inb4 moon stocks
>inb4 shill coins

Is an index/mutual fund the best way to go?
>>
>>2865944
Buying coins genuinely is the best way to grow your money though. It's not a fucking meme.

Buying ETH is your best bet right now.
>>
>>2865944
at this point, i would just index your money. it's not worth the time finding investments with only a couple thousand dollars.
>>
the fuck are moon stocks?
>>
>>2865944
>Is an index/mutual fund the best way to go?
absolutely
>>
BitBean all the way baby
>>
The general trend for non-meme coins (read: top 3 coins) is upwards. Buy, prepare to hold for a while, get a good return on your investment
>>
>>2865944
Buy bitcoin.

If you're not going to do that, then I suggest Vanguard's STAR fund.
>>
Yes, and good on you for starting early. Avoid the shills here, go to the website of one of the big companies that offer savings accounts that track the full market, and setup an account. I recommend Vanguard or Fidelity as they have great reputations.
>>
I've already 10x my initial investment by holding bitcoin from 2014. That's almost a lifetime of index funds gains in 3 years.

At least consider putting some money into crypto anon.
>>
>>2866396
Would you not say in buying in too high?
>>
>>2867537
OP, dont waste your time with/index/mutual/stocks. Crypto is the best return on your money you can get BY FAR.

25%BTC 25%LTC 25% ETH and 25% coins you believe have promise, like NEO, IOTA, or XMR.

Anybody who tells you to put your money in a roth ira and wait 30 years for a nice little return is a fool. you have to chance to be very wealthy in 5-10 years.
>>
>>2867561
>>2866470
The thing is, it's not 2014 and Bitcoin isn't $500 like it was a year ago--with what confidence can you proclaim that it will continue to rise? I'm willing to take a risk, but right now, it's throwing darts in the dark. Can someone educate me?
>inb4 Google and investopedia trash
>>
Open up a Roth IRA immediately if you haven't and max it out every year. Stick it all into an index fund like VTSMX or a target retirement fund like VFIFX (2050).

I'm 21 and doing this. So glad I found about FI/RE this year.
>>
>>2867805
I'll consider this Anon. Can you elaborate on your returns? Don't you ever wish you went for the crypto ride?
>>
>>2865944
One acronym.

ETF
>>
>>2865944
Order is:
>necessities, bills and shit
>things you need for money, like car, clothes
>emergency savings account, keep in shit 1% ally shit
>401k to match
>IRA
>rest of 401k
>after tax index funds
>other goals, like a house or someshit
Once you get north of maybe 50k you can start thinking about gambling with <10% of your portfolio in crypto or arbitrage or angle investing in your cousins chest hair plucking service or whatever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.