[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the effect on the economy and government be if all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What would the effect on the economy and government be if all income tax and capital gains tax was removed, and replaced with putting a 5% tax on every purchase? Surely this would increase employment and investment significantly, causing more purchases and because of the purchasing tax, result in more tax being paid to the government?
>>
>>2855572
I just wouldn't buy shit nigga, lol.
>>
It would create a huge blackmarket to avoid taxes.
Also the amount of taxes being paid wont cover the amount of taxes that are there now.

Here in the netherlands we already pay taxes, 6% on food and 21% on other things that are not the first needs of living
>>
But those taxes we pay on food and stuff mostly are calculated into the price so when i buy a tennis racket of 121 euro the owner made piece by knowing 21% is tax so he only gets 100
>>
The rich would pay significantly less tax as the cost of living doesn't really change no matter your income unless you are a lambo-tard. This would greatly reduce the total tax income and mean that Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Texas Instruments ect. would need to pay for their own RnD instead of getting all RnD costs covered by the tax payer then selling those products to the taxpayer.
This would upset a lot of very wealthy people and the government responsible would find themselves short of campaign funding quite soon after.

There are many things to consider but when you are talking about governments always keep vid related in mind.
https://youtu.be/rStL7niR7gs
>>
>>2855572
It's called a GST idiot. God does anyone on /biz/ even understand the economy and finance or is it just crypto speculation??
>>
>>2855579
>>2855595
5% is less than the current sales tax in most places currently. You guys are fucking retarded.
>>
>>2855648
it's more like: who feels the need to address a stupid question about goods and services tax, a policy that exists in some way, shape or form, across most of the developed world?
>>
>>2855612
nice, just formed a dictatorship
>>
File: PubKeyToAddr.png (197KB, 1180x1791px) Image search: [Google]
PubKeyToAddr.png
197KB, 1180x1791px
>>2855807
You are going to need some keys.
>>
>>2855595
Yeah, no such black markets at this time be it for employment or selling products

TAXATION IS THEFT
>>
>>2855595
>mentions the VAT
>Forgets the 52% income tax if you make a decent amount
>neglects to mention the annual wealth tax, 1.2% of the amount owned over 25k, which will be rising with the new wealth tax system
Nigger please.
>>
File: 1490350651663.jpg (90KB, 773x773px) Image search: [Google]
1490350651663.jpg
90KB, 773x773px
Not entirely related but can an Ameribro help me out?

I live in an Western European shithole (The Netherlands) I pay fucking 60% income tax. Yes you are reading that right. More than half of my income is given to the state.

I have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and I want to get a US greencard. Do you guys know how I should get one?. I'd prefer not being a slave of the state that gets a measly 40% allowance to live on while unemployed arabs keep getting the rest of my money.

Also how much is the average income tax in the US so that I can masturbate to the thoughts of it?
>>
>>2856127
In the Netherlands the max income tax for peasant jobs is 52%. Trader master race doesn't have to pay more than 2%. Economics balance itself out, Netherlands has it pretty good if you look at infrastructure you get. I think you would really learn that "West European shithole" if you moved somewhere else for the long term.
>>
>>2856141
Yeah it's 52% but you pay extra income taxes for driving your company car and stuff like that adds it up to 60% income taxes for me specifically.

Yeah I know trading is cheap here. But I still want to acquire big capital for me to invest which I need to be in the US for. Cost of living is also way higher here. Especially rent/mortgage.
>>
>>2856127
Why not move to Norway?
>>
>>2856191
I don't speak the language and Immigration to Norway is hard. Also hear a lot about skilled immigrants having a tough time there because a lot of things such as documents etc are in Norwegian. Norway also has a smaller job market and still a pretty high income tax (~40% effective for high paying jobs)

Meanwhile I am fluent in English and will probably fit in with the US people better.
>>
>>2856141
>infrastructure is bretty gud
>Yeah no shit, RON 95 is 1.50 eurobucks per liter, road taxes (regardless of miles driven, based on vehicle weight + fuel type) varies from 30 bucks per month for a gasoline aygo to 700 bucks every 3 months for a LPG merican trucc.
Less than 8% or so of those road taxes is actually used for road maintenance an improvement
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.