[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's my situation: >Sign up on Coinbase in 2014 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Here's my situation:

>Sign up on Coinbase in 2014 and leave the name fields blank
>To log in, must use SMS to my phone
>Buy BTC over the next 2 years, then send it all to Poloniex
>2017 now. Want to see my Coinbase transactions so I can pay my taxes
>phone's service was discontinued for being so old
>Can't log into my Coinbase account. Try to change my phone number but the webcam ID verification says the name on my Driver License doesn't match the name on my account (BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING BLANK!)
>Submit a customer support request on Coinbase. No response for 2 weeks.
>Try again. Still no response after another 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, the longer I wait to pay my taxes, the higher late fee I'll have to pay because it's for the 2016 tax year.

Coinbase is literally withholding my information from me and harming me. They have no phone number contact. They won't answer email. They're fucking me.

What do I do?
>>
>>2854021
Your own fault for being a dumbass, you don't deserve any gains
>>
I had a similar login issue back in may when shit was fucking crazy. It took them 10 days to fix and they never actually communicated with me, i just got an form email saying it was fixed.

realize anon, coinbase is literally like 15 people and there are millions of accounts.

You are completely fucked/at their mercy and it literally may take months for you to get resolution.

sorry anon.
>>
How did you pay for the bitcoin over those two years? You had to use a credit card or a bank transfer.

My advice would be to figure out the dates you purchased bitcoin, then look back on charts and figure out what it was trading for that day. If you do that you can calculate your cost basis, which is the info you are after.

You can find the days you bought it by looking at bank statements and old credit card statements. File your taxes using the cost basis you piece together and pray the IRS doesn't audit you. They probably won't and you'll be in much better shape than most crypto people since you reported your income.
>>
you can *try* reddit/r/coinbase

There are sometimes actual coinbase employees on there, you can message all of them on their as well, maybe you get lucky and someone takes mercy on you.

i actually think this is how i got my issue fixed on "only" 10 days. other people with same issue that I had were over 6 weeks.
>>
>>2854021
?? just dont pay the full taxes. Buy XMR, send to another account, cash out to fiat. Pay taxes on the overall.
>>
>>2854021
Just estimate the transactions you faggot. You can also see your poloniex deposits. The tax man isn't going to fucking breath down your neck about it unless you're a sketchy person.
>>
So you already have three years of late taxes pending and you're only getting around to it now?
>>
Why does it matter? What will happen if you just don't fuck with it?
>>
>>2854021
how much btc did you buy and how much have you made?
>>
>>2854021

This is how I know the normie crowd is back. You were fucking retarded for not putting in your information, did you think you were a 1337 hack3r or something? You're an idiot.
>>
How would the irs even know you traded on poloniex? Just pay capital gains when you cash out based on the value when you bought?
>>
>>2854364

And he's blamimg coinbase for his problem of not keeping his phone in service in order to report his shekels earned to a government that can't even write proper regulatory laws.

OP if the government learned to use the 3 trillion dollars to actually make regulatory laws that don't screw over millions of people and waste countless hours of time, you wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

Anywho, you are to either continuously annoy coinbase or be like frozen and let it go. But don't blame your problems on coinbase you normie.
>>
>mfw I haven't paid taxes for a couple years on btc
>I don't even want to know what would happen if I wanted to pay late taxes
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>2854457
Unless you did 10k+ then you probably have nothing to worry about
>>
>>2854021
How the hell can the IRS even tax this stuff as if it's money? Bitcoin was deemed property by the supreme court, and if you're just trading property then there's really nothing to tax, especially since there is no official entity that sets its value at any given time
>>
>>2854687
people sell their coins to buy practical things
>>
>>2854699
Yes, but say you just transfer it to hold it in fiat coins or whatever and only cash out on an as-needed basis in as-needed amounts
How the heck would the IRS keep track of all that?
>>
Next time, use Kraken or BitStamp.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.