[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I've never been a go getter or a doer >tfw I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1443289593622s.jpg (7KB, 222x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443289593622s.jpg
7KB, 222x250px
>tfw I've never been a go getter or a doer
>tfw I've always followed the regular path and never put in the effort needed to do anything extra or cool
>tfw only just realising that the university to big company route dooms you if you're not a normie and will leave you a used up disposable beta male wageslave cuck

Feels bad man. I feel like a chump. I feel like I've missed the boat on crypto, social boom, app boom, selfie stick boom, fidget spinner boom, free to play game boom and others.

I want to do cool stuff with programming but I don't have the patience of picking a goal and just learning as I go. There's always some guy saying, "Learn X or you'll never do anything."

I lack the courage to not give a fuck about people telling me to read / learn stupid stuff. The cuck mentality of someone who acts as if they're in formal education instead of diving in to the education of experience
>>
>>2843479
Stop talking to people, then. Pick thing and isolate yourself until its done.
>>
>will leave you a used up disposable beta male wageslave cuck

how, exactly?
>>
>>2843479
The regular path is actually a path to an easy and happy life. It's an insurmountable challenge for NEETs. They're just coping for their inadequacy and deficiencies when they say they've avoided the life of a wagecuck. In reality, they're really just avoiding responsibility for their own lives. This is why NEETs remain NEETs. They're always afraid and never challenge themselves.
>>
>>2843479
>I want to do cool stuff with programming but I don't have the patience of picking a goal and just learning as I go.
You want the end result without having to go through the boring building phase. I don't blame you, it's a very real issue that is only compounded by the sheer power many programs already made. I mean, how can you be proud of a simple "Hello, world!" script when some dude way younger than you has already made a fortune on some indie garbage game? Time is eternally your enemy, and it's only worsened by the frequent realization that had you applied yourself the first time you realized you needed to make a change, you'd be well equipped to profit off current trends now. I mean, if you had started learning a language three years ago, and stuck with it every day, where do you think you would be now?

At some point, you either have to get mad enough to actually plunge yourself headlong into the unknown and just try to figure things out from there, or you need to learn to make peace with where you are and the projected path of your life. The limbo between these two options is a purgatory I would not wish upon anyone, because while it feels like immediate safety, all it does in the long run is deepen any lingering depression one has until it makes you think that the only way out is through the barrel of a loaded gun.
>>
>>2843587
It's easy, but it is definitely not happy. Golden handcuffs m8
>>
>>2843479
missed the boom on fidger spinners and selife sticks lol what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>2844159
Nice pasta

Saved but
>>
>>2843587
>implying anyone in current year is truly happy anymore
>>
>>2844504

I bet you don't even spin, faggot
>>
>>2844504
>he didn't take selfies whilst doing mad fidget tricks a few months back
>>
>>2844159
this should be sticked on /g ANd /biz
>>
File: z0x7G4z.png (2MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
z0x7G4z.png
2MB, 960x1280px
>>2845182
you can be. it's just that we're lost in a sea of freedom while we're denying any tool to utilise that freedom as oppressive.
mindless hedonism will only leave you empty whereas discipline will lead you to become the person you want to be. that's 'our' problem. the fucked up thing though is, that that's what traditionalism and churches were selling us. but those are oppressive. (not trying to shill for religion, though. do what you want, be who you want to be. but the way there is by forcing yourself to act in certain ways instead of mindlessly giving in to your temporary desires.)
>>
>>2843479
>I want to do cool stuff with programming but I don't have the patience of picking a goal and just learning as I go

stop looking at the whole. just do the little steps leading to your goal. it's like washing the dishes. at least for me. every other day I find my place in a state of devastation. and looking at it is like looking at a mountain you know you will never be able to climb. so I find myself living in my personal hell for weeks drowning in an endless circle of depression and alcoholism about where my life went down the drain. yet, when I do just one thing after another, not looking at the whole fiasco, it somehow all ends up being clean and nice. that's ok, I guess.

most people I know learned coding by doing little stuff they felt was achievable for them. like with knowing how to do 'hello world', making a text adventure. and that way they grew into better coders.
>>
>>2845719
This. Just take it slow.
>>
>>2845668
>>2845719
top quality posts, OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.