[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do YouTube gamers still ask for money on patreon lol there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DCK0NOjVoAAqMYB.jpg (85KB, 844x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DCK0NOjVoAAqMYB.jpg
85KB, 844x1024px
Why do YouTube gamers still ask for money on patreon lol there are a million fucking YouTube gamers no one gives a shit about your channel stop making gaming channels
>>
oops wrong board. sorry mods please delete, don't ban me
>>
>>2831899
Nice! Just bought 100k subs!
>>
>>2831899
Nice! Just bought 100k viewbots!
>>
>>2831904
kek
>>
>>2831899
Ban and don't delete instead
>>
>>2831899
Because youtube is fucking them over with ad revenue, and alternate streams of income have arisen to take its place.

If idiots keep sending them money on Patreon, who's actually going to tell them to stop?

My roommate has 700k subscribers, and he has a patreon, but his real money comes from brand influencing and stream donations.

Trust, me I've felt it as well. I work for an MCN and they've had to cut a lot of people's pay because ad revenue just isn't even close to what it used to be.
>>
>>2832074
Well if they have to beg for money they probably don't deserve it. I mean it's not like there aren't a million other gayming channels that already do what they do, probably better, without even having to resort to begging.
>>
File: 1497995804619.jpg (73KB, 456x750px) Image search: [Google]
1497995804619.jpg
73KB, 456x750px
>>2832124
>Well if they have to beg for money they probably don't deserve it

STFU you fucking faggot. What have you done with your life bitch? Getting donations on patreon or kickstarter is actually the most honorable form of payment because you are giving your audience free content. Imagine a world where videogames are all free but the developers ask for money in advance, that is the future of content generation.
>>
>>2832162
>What have you done with your life
HAHAHAHAHHAAHA WELL IM NOT BEGGING FOR MONEY, FOR STARTERS LMAO WHAT A FAGGOT YOU ARE HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

let me know when your gaming channel takes off, pewdiepie!
>>
>>2832162
please please gib me money so I can play more minecraft for you :'(

Sent you $0.10, good luck! :^)
>>
>>2832162
Business models reliant on donations result on the best people's persons winning over the best product.
It's marketing amped up to eleven. You don't want that if you love the medium (any medium).
>>
>>2832162
>>2832206
for the record, when I say "if you have to beg you probably don't deserve it" I am referring exclusively to youtube gaming channels. If you run one of those, there is nothing special or original about what you do that should elicit a donation.
>>
File: ancap2993.png (197KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ancap2993.png
197KB, 640x640px
>>2832220
But their audience enjoys it so whats wrong with that? I think barbie dolls are stupid but i dont blame people for making barbie toys. Just because it's not your taste in content doesnt mean that donation models of business are invalid.

>>2832206
>result on the best people's persons winning over the best product
How is this universally true? Sure, I could see how sociability affects streamer's revenue but for videogames where demos are the prime selling factor I dont think that's true. If two people release videogame demos on kickstarter then logically the most popular game demo would generate the most amount of backing instead of anything to do with sociability.
>>
>>2832446
In that market specifically, if they're begging for donations, they're most likely not even getting donations, as no one enjoys them, because they're just another dime-a-dozen gaming channel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.