[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There seems to be a prominent belief that eth and ltc (and many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 02f.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
There seems to be a prominent belief that eth and ltc (and many others) are going up and down independently based on news/rumors. Yet the charts show them synced up with btc almost perfectly. Am I missing something or are people retarded?
>>
Nope you're cool.
>>
>>2828236
A hack in ether will cause all markets to fall, and ETH more so. People also need BTC to buy altcoins, and when they sell they have to sell for BTC and then sell the BTC for fiat. So the price of Bitcoin is intimately linked to the price of altcoins.

Also, traders look at the other crypto markets as a reference mark, especially looking at day-to-day or minute-to-minute trends. Because new news isn't happening every second, it's better to bet that a given crypto will follow the trend of other cryptos, rather than have it go off in a completely unique direction for no reason.
>>
You need to change from USD to BTC on coinmarketcap I'm surprised how many people don't do this and measure their gains/losses through fiat on blockfolio.
>>
File: 1495007061956.jpg (1MB, 4602x3852px) Image search: [Google]
1495007061956.jpg
1MB, 4602x3852px
>>2828236
no, you're just one of the few intelligent people on this board

most brainlets only follow the coin they're holding and are completely ignorant of bitcoin's sway over them during volatile periods, like watching shadows flicker on the wall in Plato's cave
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.