[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, would this business idea be legal? >put gold and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0732.jpg (868KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
868KB, 2560x1600px
Hey /biz/, would this business idea be legal?

>put gold and various other treasure into a chest
>hide it somewhere in the woods or in a park
>have a website/app/subscription service where people can pay for the clues to the location
>paying more means you get more clues and a rough map or drawing of the location
>wait until someone finds the chest and then repeat in a new location

It's like a loophole to anti-(((lottery))) laws.
>>
>>2821080
inb4 news headlines of people murdering each other in brutal rat race geocaching event
>>
>>2821087
Make extra $$$ for live webcam coverage of said events.
>>
If it ever took off, some company making ground penetrating radar will find it for publicity.
>>
File: IMG_9220.jpg (21KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9220.jpg
21KB, 250x207px
>>2821087
That could happen, so maybe I would just have a redemption code inside the chest that would give them a ton of cool shit instead.

But even if people were fighting over the treasure, it wouldn't be my fault... *rubs hands together*

also check em
>>
>>2821101
You can hide it in houses or within a cheaply rented whore.
>>
File: 1500259047743.png (228KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1500259047743.png
228KB, 700x700px
>>2821080
honestly your biggest problems would be:

1. using land you don't own as a part of your business model

2. working out the percentages of "treasure" vs what the hunters pay for clues. the problem is that the way its designed people paying 'a little' would probably get fuck all in the way of having a shot at finding it, which means basically that it would be an auction for treasure (people would pay the most for the almost-guaranteed info to find it)

but taking it further, it doesnt make much sense because you need to profit so you'd be giving out less treasure than they paid for, so someone would need to want to pay extra money for gold they could get cheaper without the "treasure hunt experience"....

the closest example I can think of is those "mystery boxes" that 1 in 20 or so have a valuable gem probably the size of a pinhead inside, or 1 in 1000000 have a 50 dollar bill inside, or some other retarded ratio that I have no idea how people buy into it other than the mentioned "treasure hunt experience", also see instant lottery. paying for a "chance"
>>
>>2821101
It wouldn't be buried. I don't want people going around with metal detectors and shovels digging holes everywhere.

It would just be by a tree or behind a waterfall or something
>>
>>2821087
I would pay to watch this senpai.
>>
>>2821080
Please do this, it sounds more fun than an amusement park.
>>
>>2821110
>using land you don't own as a part of your business model

True, but I would use public/state-owned land.

>working out the percentages of "treasure" vs what the hunters pay for clues. the problem is that the way its designed people paying 'a little' would probably get fuck all in the way of having a shot at finding it, which means basically that it would be an auction for treasure (people would pay the most for the almost-guaranteed info to find it)

The clues would be pretty vague, there would be no "X marks the spot" info or anything.

>but taking it further, it doesnt make much sense because you need to profit so you'd be giving out less treasure than they paid for, so someone would need to want to pay extra money for gold they could get cheaper without the "treasure hunt experience"....

Let's say the chest is worth $50k, and the clues cost $9.99. That means you would only need 10,000 people to play to double your money, and make 100% returns. If the chest is near a major urban area like NYC or LA, then way more people could end up playing.
>>
Bretty good idea OP.
>>
>>2821080
>it's just analog shitcoins
>>
Fill the chest with dragon dildos and hentai instead of gold and you have yourself a perfect business scheme.
>>
>>2821276
Smart man.

I'll consider this.
>>
reduce overheads and risks OP,

bury / hide seed codes to redeem the actual winnings amongst low cost props so people have "something" to open and take a picture with. Lock redemption behind the paid subscription.

Allow multiple tiered chests to increase the perceived odds of winning. More winner photos on the website, more testimonials, more word of mouth. "Do i shoot for gold? or grab a "easier" bronze loot hoard?" gameplay.

>"paying more means you get more clues and a rough map or drawing of the location"
I don't think this would work.

The subscription balance is the hardest part, you're not only factoring the overheads or next prize pool. It has to be affordable for a player in a 100 mile radius to join in when including all travel costs. Additionally that total approx cost has to be of equal entertainment value to a similarly priced activity.

>How much would you pay for the experience
and
>How much reward do i need to warrant the experience
are two separate things. "i didn't win, but i loved it" is the balance you need to achieve. So the client assumes paying for the clues IS the experience, not the winning. Payed advantage removes that fun for fun's sake and puts you into a more competitive (smaller) clientele.
>>
>>2821349
Damn, thanks for this post. The experience is definitely important, I'm just not sure how I would do that when it's just hidden chests in the woods.

The tiered chests idea is really good though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.