[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a business question I'm new to this board so stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: aerospace.jpg (124KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
aerospace.jpg
124KB, 1600x900px
I have a business question
I'm new to this board so stay with me

The Aerospace company I work for is currently experiencing huge issues.
issues:
1. Employee retention
the average wage here is lower than "Basic bitch" jobs.
Average wage is $14 an hour
incredibly ironic because, the parts we make are worth MILLIONS
Employee loss after 1.5 years is close to 70%
the #1 reason for people leaving is for MUCH higher paying jobs

2. Customers like Boeing, Pratt, and lockheed martin are forcing companies to drop price every year(usually 20%). SHops make less and less money every year. Companies end up passing the costs to the workers with low wages and non-existent promotions. the result is mass employee loses. those losses cost the company a LOT of money as new hires are basically a money pity for the 1st 6 months.

>Employee gets hired
>basically useless for 6 months
>an average of $10,000 worth of Scrapped parts per hire
>employee gets trained
>starts making the company money
>leaves for higher paying job
>repeat

IS is possible to survive long term when a company cannot compete with fast food wages?
>>
Aircraft maintenance engineer here. We see the same thing. People leave to become auto mechanics and builders

No other job couples the potential consequences of making a mistake and killing a shit load of people, with pay levels reserved for pleb tier work
>>
interesting insight ther; thx for that.

In regards to your question I have no idea. However, from other fields of practice I can tell you that longer times of bleeding out usually end with a bigger bang sooner or later. I work with young firms and whenever things start slipping they do good in adjusting their business model - which they can do rather quickly due to being very small. But for bigger players this is downright impossible without drastic measures. Accordingly, if your sources are sound and you dont see much change input coming from management, I would start looking for other future options.
>>
do you guys mind me asking what country you are working in?
>>
Maybe the employees should be replaced by machines to make this worth it.
>>
>>2820662
>I would start looking for other future options.
already am, but i want more experience to strengthen my Resume.

>>2820675
>do you guys mind me asking what country you are working in?
Washington state
lotta aerospace up here

>>2820677
>Maybe the employees should be replaced by machines to make this worth it.
Too costly
Almost everything automated has a 7 year break even point for basic tasks.
we have automated a lot, but it still requires an employee to run and maintain.
>>
File: 1498908009477.jpg (121KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498908009477.jpg
121KB, 640x512px
>>2820605
Aircraft mechanic here ($31/hr in SF so living in a van). Our new hires get trained and leave SF immediately, but for other stations withen the same company. You have to remember that the bean counters upstairs are only looking at numbers on spreadsheets. They focus on keeping the specific numbers they are in charge of up so they get their bonuses and that's it.
>>
>>2820962
>the bean counters upstairs are only looking at numbers on spreadsheets
Well the new CEO is an account who married into the business.
He's never had another job.

Iconically, he Literally got cucked
His wife fucked a furnace operator
Operator was fired like a month later
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.