[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best investment for £100,000 (non cryptocurrency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1472760301559.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1472760301559.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
For reasons not worth going into, I have acquired £100,000 and I wish to make it grow into something more useful. I'm not sure I want to invest all of it yet, but I would at least like to know what are some reliable/ relatively fast ways to grow this money over time.

I have no idea what the fuck I am doing with concurrency, and would rather invest in something more physical. Any anons have some success stories about investing that have nothing to do with internet based currencies? I guess this could serve as sort of a psuedo general since /biz/ may as well be /cc/ as this point.

pic not related
>>
>>2817735
meant to say cryptocurrency, not "concurrency"
>>
>>2817735
You could buy an established business for that money.
>>
>>2817735
Options in order of importance:
1. Pay off debt (credit cards)
2. Invest in high div/yield % stocks like Royal Dutch Shell (an index fund or exchange-traded fund is usually the safest).
3. Use money for education costs
4. Bond ETF's
5. Small business <-- only after all of the above
>>
>>2817735
S&P 500. You won't beat the market.
>>
>>2817788
this is definitely the short answer here. Before anything pay off dept and index funds. Maybe look for a money manager also. Find someone with good reputation, someone experienced, the experienced ones tend to manage risk better. 100k is enough for it to be worth it, even after frees. Any a professional will always know better than biz. And It's probably worth at least spending a couple hundred on a meeting with one to scope it out if nothing else.

>>2817735
Now that I've said that little disclaimer(which I hope you take seriously, I would hate for a great opportunity like this to go to waste), you could invest in a low risk systematic option. Not all of it obviously, but if you combine it with lower risk methods, it can effectively give you better returns for the same risk. It's just kinda counter intuitive how how leverage math works out if you do it right, but that is the end effect. Meta trader for instance has an extensive market, and a huge list of supported brokers. There are some good algorithms, but you have to be careful and run extensive back tests of any system before you buy it. Or any other quantitative market, there are a good few(google is your friend here, look for reviews and reputation). Alternatively you could pay someone to make you a custom algo to meet your risk limits. it would be a little pricey, probly 300-1500 depending everything, but these methods have proved superior in among other things, minimizing down draw, which may be a preference of yours. This is of course only one option, there are many, and I hope you do research on as many different avenues as you can(all the asset classes). Good luck! and
>>
>>2817894
and don't hope to be lucky!
>>
>>2817788
>>2817894
Thanks for the advice, I don't really have much dept at all but I'll pay it off anyway. High div/yield stocks seem to be the way to go, I'll start researching about them.
>>
>>2818315
I got the Royal Dutch Shell suggestion from a thread an anon posted awhile ago
Archived link: https://warosu.org/biz/thread/S2799513#p2799844
Probably the most HQ read posted on biz in the past week, definitely worth the read.
>>
antique lamps and beanie babies
>>
>>2817735
Buy 10000 blowjobs by 10£ each.
>>
>>2818426
kek where the fuck can you get a bj for £10. Also I'd rather have something better to show for my investment than HIV but thanks
>>
>>2817735
>>2817788
Double dubs is pretty spot on, but I'll also add in

> downpayment on a piece of property

Whether that's a home or a multi-family building where you can rent out units. May not be a bad thing to consider assuming your financial house (debts and savings) is otherwise in order.
>>
Metals
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.