[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW Canadian and haven't gone to University at 21 y/o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 1500092270449.jpg (152KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1500092270449.jpg
152KB, 808x805px
>TFW Canadian and haven't gone to University at 21 y/o now

Heh heh... what's another few years right?
>>
>>2816666
Same but burgerfat
>>
File: library-alexandria.jpg (54KB, 463x302px) Image search: [Google]
library-alexandria.jpg
54KB, 463x302px
>>2816666
The library is free. You can find course lists for any major and the syllabi for all of those classes.

Just start learning something.
>>
You aren't missing shit dude I'm 23 and about to finish and I have totally dreaded this final year after realizing I no longer want to pursue a wagecuck life and there's so many ways to build passive income. They teach none of that in college.
>>
>>2816915
How can I put the library on my resume?
>>
>>2817002
This, sadly.
>>
>>2816666
UK here, I went to Uni at 22, wasn't as bad as I thought
>>
>>2816942
>there's so many ways to build passive income

like what anon?
>>
>>2816666
23/Canadian and I haven't went either. I actually only just finished my GED last year while multiplying my savings through crypto.

I wouldn't worry too much. Uni's (especially here in Cucknada) are SJW infested brainwashing shitholes anyway. All of my friends say it's a miserable experience.
>>
>>2817002
15 Top-Paying Certifications for 2017

https://www.globalknowledge.com/us-en/content/articles/top-paying-certifications/
>>
>>2816666
21 Canadian here. Fuck school unless for STEM or trades. Each of my friends who've gotten ANY OTHER DEGREE are in tens of thousands in debt and can't find work.

>Haven't gone to school
>Make more than graduated uni kids while saving money and acquiring assets

Feels good man
>>
>>2817133
Why did it take you so long to get your GED? Also none of my friends reported ANY of that sjw stuff in their STEM or business courses.
>>
>>2816666
My friend didn't go until he was 24 and I'm returning now at 26.

Hell I know people who went in there 40s and immediately started a career with their new degree
>>
>>2817231
I was working at my dad's company making like 30/hr so I didn't feel compelled to, plus crypto gains, but then the economy went to shit and everyone got laid off so yeah.
>>
>>2817196
What are you doing?

>>2817256
Oh nice but still man you should have finished that shit to keep your options open. It took me a while but I did it.
>>
>>2817167
>AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Jesus Christ I'm probably good enough to pass the exam, yet I'm an unemployed loser neet.
>>
>>2817279
>mfw i see people post on LinkedIn about passing the exam
>mfw 90% of these people are just meatheads who have wild parties 3 times a week, coming mostly from sales backgrounds
>mfw the people i know a little better didn't even take school seriously and couldn't have a serious conversation with you about current events or science/tech
>mfw they make 80-90k minimum, some as high as 150 starting
>mfw have immigrant friends who are semi-nerds as SDE's making 250k+
>mfw also have super smart friends in biotech or something making only 50k
>>
>>2817304
Wtf how do I become the dumbass who doesn't know shit yet gets paid well?
>>
>>2816942
They do if you take the right classes pussy.
>>
>>2817313
get certified and go networking. my point was more about how literally anyone with programming experience can get a nice salary, but in other fields it is a little hard unless you're management.

assuming you're from r9k because of how you shitpost, here's a good story for you: at amazon there was this girl who didn't know any programming languages hired because she took some easy computer related degree. she sat around doing nothing for a year and got promoted to level 2 because she took a bunch of credit for her teams project. since the rest of the group was introverted retards, nobody else spoke up. i'm sure she's going to get fired eventually but i thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>2816668
Same but 23

13.5 /hr and I think about suicide every day
>>
>>2817346
What you said just struck with me because in my own life I've noticed retards have comfy $80k+ jobs by having some dumb certification meanwhile people actually creating important software for free and asking for donations get a couple btc at most

I need to find a way to get in on this racket.
>>
>>2817374
well for some people money doesn't matter that much, and if it was genuinely valuable work it would sell itself.

i just don't get when people struggle to make ends meet in, for example, a protein research career and WANT to make more money, but don't really ask for more money. while the IT guys downstairs are making effectively more because they have passwords and understand how to update software a little better, but they aren't even supposed to get creative or work long hours.
>>
>>2817081

Same, being a bit older made things easier, more smarts and money.
>>
>>2816666
Were in the same boat, though I am a fingol and spent a year in the military, also finns graduate when they are 18-19 which seems to be a year later than americans and the like.
>>
>>2817416
Exactly, most the people in my halls in first year were broke within 2 months and already missing lectures for no reason.

I really don't think 18 year olds should go uni, most don't take it seriously and have no experience with money or self reliance so Fuck it up. I would suggest to most working for a year or two, even if it's just stacking shelves, to get some life experience and self motivation, as well as to mature a bit.
>>
>>2816666
>>2816668

Then join the army you worthless sack of shit
>>
28 and never went to college, probably never will. Making 60k and debt free. IMO college in America is a scam, or at least highly overpriced with only a small few degrees being worth it.
>>
>>2818715
Its not scam its a gamble. The value is in meeting the right people. For this you have to not be a social retard. I'm socially retarded so I didn't make any friends or make the right connections in university. But I see my former classmates making $millions$ on LinkedIn running their own companies and start ups and all that jazz. And its not like just one or two of them, its like dozens of them.

If you're an autistic loner though its useless. Profs are complete hit or miss and you don't learn anyhing there you can't teach yourself with a book.
>>
>>2816666
Why waste 4 years on a degree and end up at McDonalds when you could just learn a trade and actually find a job.
>>
>>2816666

You're doing yourself a favor. There's a massive college bubble building.

If you're not taking stem (especially math) don't bother.
>>
>>2817002
Well then either got to school or stop complaining you useless cuck
>>
>>2817108
Like literally w h a t
>>
>>2817304
SDE = software development engineer?
>>
>>2818807
It's a little bit of both. The schools scam the shit out of you thinking you can succeed doing what you want to do while the reality is that there are like 15 majors between an A B and C tier that are actually worth getting. Everything else involves you being the best of the best within your class and sometimes even that isn't worth jack. I tried studying into chemistry thinking that I could go far with that, but the gamble with that one is that you have to go far beyond undergraduate, graduate, and into research to make basically shit pay doing what I may enjoy. If universities and colleges were wanting to be genuine with students they would have Accounting, Finance, Economics, Nursing, Engineering, IT/CS, a few other things and that's it because everything else is a waste of time. The gamble part really is spending 4 years and money hoping to get open up opportunities through professors and internships...basically breaking through the barriers of entry. Studying Accounting made me realize how much of a joke everything else was especially when companies were throwing money at recruiters to go to even the shittiest campuses to get any interns possible.
>>
>>2818855
If you get any degree and end up working in McDonalds there is no hope for you in any endeavour you would follow, trade, college, army, anything, coz you're clearly literally stupid, lack drive or ambition, or thing you should have life handed to you on a plate.

If you do STEM, or a business school degree with a placement/internship year, and aren't retarded you should be fine.
>>
>>2817196
> Nigga what

There is absolutely no reason not to go to school for 1k a semester and get a STEM degree unless you're just a brainlet who can't function without your disability check
>>
>>2818983
I'm thinking about learning accounting myself. and tips or suggestions? is it worth the investment?
>>
>>2819183
>1k a semester for STEM
What year is it, fucking 2002?
>>
>>2819471
CC for the first 2 yrs, transfer and rack up grants for last 2 years. You can keep it down to 20k total
>>
>>2819471
I pay 1.4k a semester and my parents paid government education assistance very early on so I'm getting paid 3.6k a year just from the interests for the next 3 years.

> tfw getting paid 800 a year just to go to school
>>
>>2816942
Join the military. You get to collect bennies after you leave if you get injured/wounded.
>>
>>2816942
are you me?
>>
>>2819545
I was considering the reserves, do you have any personal experience or actually in the military yourself?
>>
>>2817196

>be german
>get to go to university for free
>government is actually paying me to study engineering

FeelsReallyFuckingGoodMan
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.