[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW I found out that lying on your resume is crucial Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1500046922633.png (26KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1500046922633.png
26KB, 655x509px
>TFW I found out that lying on your resume is crucial

Why was I honest for so long...
>>
it's called padding. it's more exaggerations than outright lies. everyone does it.
>>
>>2812146
No I literally added I worked at a company that is closed now and got more responses in two weeks than I had in months.
>>
>>2812148
haha just hope these companies never did business with whatever you chose.
>>
>>2812146
another noob in the same boat as OP
>>
>>2812152
They're unlikely to have. It's rather shitty jobs anyways.
>>
Always lie for your first jobs experience if your resume is empty
>>
>>2812180
Wish I learned to lie years ago. There is literally no downsides to it.
>>
>>2812207
yes there are. I think im blacklisted from a few sites for applying years ago with legit resume and now sending the fake version, they find out and never hear from them again
>>
>>2812226
Hmm that seems pretty unlikely for that to occur. Is it for more higher end jobs?
>>
>>2812544
Not really, testing / qa lead or mánager positions. I been unemployed 2.5 years
>>
lamo
>>
>>2812559
Damn how do you survive senpai
>>
>>2812226
doing this automatically is a bit stupid, since you could have decided for whatever reason to not mention one of your previous experiences

If you are tampering degrees, that's another dimension
>>
>>2812843
Most "by the books" you're not suppose to omit this stuff though, right?
>>
My resume is also becoming faker every week.
>>
>>2812226
Change your mobile number. No one knows it anyway.
>>
>>2812148
>What are tax records
>>
>thinks employers look at tax records

You've never had a job have you?
>>
>>2812919
Do you really think an employer is going to ask me to bring in my income tax forms and paystubs to verify I worked there?

Will he also request my elementary school record stamped and signed?
>>
There is no loyalty in business and I don't ever think there ever was in the first place so why not lie?

It's not the same as personal relationships where loyalty matters.
>>
Holy shit I just had the greatest idea. I'll make a resume generator!!!
>>
>tfw thinking about lying I graduated from my university when I have another semester to go

Should I do this?
>>
>>2813058
Fuck no dude, if they end up hiring you they'll ask for your graduation papers. The fuck will you do then ?
>>
>>2813086
About experience and previous jobs you stupid nigger, of course everyone knows you didn't attend college.
>>
Larger corporations higher 3rd parties to investigate a candidate. I lied about my degree and was shitting myself but they didn't find out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>2813058
Never once had a company ask me for my graduation papers or my transcript. However, I don't see ow you could work around that lie because you have class still
>>
>>2813247

I went to school for graphic design, got hired immediately based on my portfolio, but never had to show my degree. I could have saved 4 years and just built a bomb-ass portfolio and lied about my credentials.
>>
>>2812963
nigga, don't all jobs do that?
>>
>>2813491
Can I see your portfolio?
>>
>>2812963
My current employer wanted to see my W2s and then offered me a 20% bump on what I was making. Sure, they might ask you to prove it if it was within the last 10 years and you're claiming a high wage.
>>
Post examples of what you lied about and what job you got

>lied about driving experience
>got a job making 14+commission where I was only making 10/hr before

I think I can do better though bros, need some crafty lie ideas so I can keep moving up.
>>
>>2812963
The point is that even if you worked some place that has since closed its doors, there are tax records which would prove that you worked there (or not).
>>
>>2814933
I've never seen personally or heard about a fucking employer asking for tax records to verify your history.

Maybe only a really high dollar job would do such a thing.
>>
>>2814933
I bullshited my way into one of the biggest IT companies, by saying I used ti work for the competition.
They never investigated shit.
>>
>>2815047
Are you competent enough to do the job tho or u just went for it anyway?
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 192x263px
>>2815117
>>2815047

>Says he worked for Radio Shack
>Gets job at Geek Squad
>>
>>2812589
Live with parents, borrow money from the bank that i will never pay back
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.