[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have 150k liquid >figuring out where to put it >wife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7039.png (1MB, 595x860px)
IMG_7039.png
1MB, 595x860px
>have 150k liquid
>figuring out where to put it
>wife wants to drop up to 50k to pay towards our mortgage

How do I convince her that we should invest elsewhere? What is a safe investment that will return more than I am paying for my mortgage (3.6%)?
>>
Blue chip stocks
Platinum
BTC once its done collapsing
>>
>>2795651
Mortgage and rent out the property?
>>
Why not knock some of that off of you mortgage and use the rest elsewhere? It's not a bad idea.
>>
>>2795684
Then where the fuck will he live dipshit?
>>
100% S&P 500
>>
>>2795672
Will keep an eye on those

>>2795684
You buy a rental property? I was thinking about that because I have my RE license. Only issue is that it takes some work and my area is very hot so would need to buy out in the boonies. Don't have time really.
>>
>>2795686
thinking about maybe compromising and just paying some down. Currently I owe almost 500k, don't really like owing money.
>>
>>2795693
I'm considering doing a vanguard index fund, currently have that.

I will do that with some of money but is that absolutely better than paying down mortgage? My issue is that I should be doing dollar cost averaging instead of dropping a large sum at one time.
>>
>>2795717
Actually yeah index fund might work in the long run
>>
>>2795651
Hate to say it but your wife is right. Put that towards the mortgage. Why are you going to let someone charge you money for borrowing money? Pay it off as quick as you can and then take that extra money and do what you want. Pay off debt thats accruing interest first. Then make the most of the rest of it.
>>
>>2795651
Put towards your mortgage retard
>>
File: 1470177519188.gif (387KB, 382x379px) Image search: [Google]
1470177519188.gif
387KB, 382x379px
>>2795651
If you want to make some money off the good old military industrial complex Raytheon is a great opportunity. Between their old US and Israeli contracts and their new cutting edge single-use drones they will certainly continue to grow at 30-40% a year.

Last year I invested 50k and its worth 67k now
>>
>>2795717
Good idea, especially since it just broke a new ATH this past week.
>>
3.6% risk free returns isn't that bad actually, I'd use some of that money to knock off a chunk off of that mortgage.
>>
>>2795738
That's a very simplistic view on debt in general. If you had debt that was accruing interest at say 1%, it would likely be a better idea just pay the minimum payments on that debt and let the extra cash work for you. Certain debt instruments also have their places in the context of asset protection.
>>
>wife
>mortgage

JUST
>>
Pay 50k toward mortgage and the rest towards alimony later
>>
>>2795651
you should fucking listen to your wife
>>
File: 7c9[1].gif (970KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7c9[1].gif
970KB, 320x240px
>>2796562

This. If you pay off the mortgage she can get an unencumbered house out of the divorce.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.