[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, ETH is dead. I done goofed; went all in and didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-07-15-17-57-16.jpg (700KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-15-17-57-16.jpg
700KB, 1440x2560px
Well, ETH is dead.

I done goofed; went all in and didn't sell at the top. And that gamble that the hard fork in BTC would send investors scrambling to ETH didn't pan out either.

Guess I need to see it as having paid for an expensive course in crypto trading.
>>
Youre only 2k down you big faggot
>>
sell then
>>
>>2792641
You're probably going to be told to sell everything because this board hates Ether. I felt the same way as you do now holding Bitcoin from 500 up to 1100 and back down to 200ish, but patience pays off.
>>
>>2792711
why is that so actually
>>
>>2792703
It'll go down more though.
>>2792710
No, at this point even though I know it'll go down, I'm not going to restart the clock on long term holdings for tax reasons, I expect the price to be up enough for a profit a year from now.
>>2792711
Thanks, I know that it's going to be ok eventually. We'll see terrible shitcoin shilling, moon and lambo memes take over the board when a new bull market eventually.
>>
Yes, "uncertainty about the hard will make people move to eth" might sound reasonable at first glance. But in reality eth was experiencing just as much uncertainty as btc at that time (from mid June to early July). I was watching eth attentively and came to the conclusion that it wasn't happening on July 17th. Furthermore, even if eth did overtake btc, it could've easily crashed to shit right after (while either staying above or below btc).
>>
>>2792641

it will make you feel better if you look at the loss in btc instead of fiat
>>
>>2792766
June 17th***
>>
File: 1489982111798.jpg (24KB, 565x528px) Image search: [Google]
1489982111798.jpg
24KB, 565x528px
>>2792783
It does actually, thanks Anon.
>>2792792
I figured. You've been in the market long enough to see that when something moons that hard it's a sign to sell it, I imagine.
>>
>>2792711
we dont hate eth we just enjoy ridiculing ethiest/redditors.
>>
File: Lolwutmario.gif (67KB, 477x439px) Image search: [Google]
Lolwutmario.gif
67KB, 477x439px
>>2792641
>>2792752
>Well, ETH is dead.

>Thanks, I know that it's going to be ok eventually. We'll see terrible shitcoin shilling, moon and lambo memes take over the board when a new bull market eventually.

so what's the problem?

and if you are so sure it will dip even further, then sell and buy back in, you have 150 ethers, it will be worth the little tax you have to pay for that in the long run, but yeah, if it dips

its down 60%, there's a major buy wall at 170-175$, even bigger one at 160 and 150$

so dont expect any whopping 50% gains or anything, its too late for that

it might dip down to 150$ and and hover around that area untill the bitcoin fork is over
>>
>>2792827
I'll consider it. Thanks, good advice from someone posting a picture of Luigi shitting on Toad.
>>
>>2792818
No, "mooning hard" is not a good sign to sell, because you don't know where the top is just based on that. You have to look at the underlying reason(s) for why it mooned hard, and factors that will affect the price in the future. Otherwise you become one of the people who sold eth when it went from 50 to 140. I sold my eth not because it "mooned", but because of multiple factors that showed that ETH was significantly more likely to go down than it was to go up, and that if it did go up it would only be by 5-10%, while if it went down it would be by a lot more.
>>
>>2793078
Good advice. The benefits of selling were higher than the benefits of staying in.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.