[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why having my btc on a exchange (a big one) be a risk on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170713-191626.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170713-191626.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why having my btc on a exchange (a big one) be a risk on the 1th AUG?

How can the situation make my bags the heaviest?
>>
>>2777276
1. the exchange gets to choose which BTC it'll support
2. if you hold BTC you'd be smart to keep it in your wallet, this way you'll essentially double the amount (2 blockchains)
>>
>>2777295

But then there won't be BTC trades on exchanges?
>>
>>2777276
people who use exchanges are literally nocoiners
>>
>>2777317

But if nobody has BTC on Bittrex/Polionex/Etc...

What happens to the price in the pair BTCEUR?
>>
>>2777308
there will but you'd be limited to one BTC fork
btw when you trade on an exchange it's internal (not on the coin's blockchain); only when you withdraw to a wallet you have your holdings put into the blockchain
>>
>>2777335

And what are the chances for the exchange to choose the wounded horse?

Has this happened before?
>>
>>2777347
first of all, why would you opt to keep yours on an exchange, that is unless you're actively trading?
I expect withdrawals to be disabled in the transitional period so the exchange sees which way the market turns, as in which BTC fork gains most ground
it's happened with ETH/ETC fork, don't know about how the exchanges addressed it but I know that those who held ETH in their wallets wound up with identical amounts of both ETH and ETC
>>
File: 142786347396.jpg (17KB, 456x330px) Image search: [Google]
142786347396.jpg
17KB, 456x330px
>>2777333
witnessed
>>
>>2777385
this. exchanges will probably disable withdrawals and maybe deposits too during the activation or lock in periods.

it's possible some exchanges might be "loyal" to the core devs which means they might support BIP148, which will be a totally different coin than BTC/bitcoin. bitcoinJR I think they are calling it atm.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.