[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Market caps are of little to no utility in evaluating a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: WnatiHzT.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
WnatiHzT.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Market caps are of little to no utility in evaluating a crypto.

Discuss.
>>
>>2770406
Well to start with it immediately let you know if the coin will easily get manipulated by fucking whales. Under 250M I don't even bother.
>>
wait you mean, bytecoin is not worth $325 million ???

Say it aint so!!
>>
They are useful because you can ask yourself "is this project worth X".
I'm bullish on any project that has a solid roadmap, active devs and a marketcap under $10m.
>>
>>2770406
The way you phrased your argument makes me think you know next to nothing about pretty much any kind of investment, would you please reformulate it?
>>
>>2770406
They are a very useful tool but are not everything.

Of more importance:
Pre-mine vs no pre-mine
how much do devs control
fixed cap vs inflation

etc...
>>2770448
This guy fucks.

That said, I don't think it is appropriate to compare the market cap of bitcoin to that of a company. I think it is more fair to compare it to the assets under management of a bank or credit union.
>>
>>2770465
They're not shares in the company. They're only worth either the value the market gives to them on a per unit and/or trade basis (BTC) similar to real estate, or the perceived value of their utility within the business model (Musicoin, CFI) more akin to a good or concert tickets. Either way, market cap doesn't provide an accurate value gauge in the same way it does to stocks.

Also, you took a lot from one proposition. You must be a wizard.
>>
>>2770509
Well gentleman, marketcap by itself can serve some utility to tell how easily a whale can manipulate the market, and when coupled with other information, for exemple, if then coin was pre-mined, if and how much the devs control, how much inflation it had/has pear month, how active are the developers/community, the trading volume and volatility, we can tell if the coin is worth mining for a small/medium miner, if the coin can be a good short/medium/long term investment, if the coin has a potential chance of being a scam.

Market caps are not as useful in crypto as they are in stocks, but they are surely not useless information.
And thank you, I've been training to become a mathmagician, although I still have a lot to lean.
Ps:Sorry for any typos or bad grammar, people around me don't even english.
>>
>>2770642
Quality answer. Don't worry about the English, you got your points across well, anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.