[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't get a job. Can you guys help me? I just wanna be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CensoredResume.png (59KB, 776x997px) Image search: [Google]
CensoredResume.png
59KB, 776x997px
I can't get a job. Can you guys help me?

I just wanna be a wagekuck for a while, but nobody ever calls me back. Its frustrating.

Heres my rez, its usually formatted correctly.
>>
>>2769266
suck dicks off craigslist. you wont need a piece of paper full of lies
>>
>>2769266
Resume looks good anon. My guess would be a bad letter of application. You could also try improving the design of your resume - nothing flashy, but something other than plain black and white.
>>
You didn't graduate? Why are you courses taken listed like that. That's some noob tier shit, they know you did those classes if you got a degree in biochem.

Also lie. Like your fucking ass off like it doesn't matter and you want to live a fantasy life. Obviously don't stretch it too far but you can get away with a lot of shit very easily.
>>
Nvm I see the expecting graduation date now but if you're that close you can honestly get away with lying and saying you got a degree for a basic wagekek job theyre not going to call the school to confirm it.
>>
1. Your margins are small making your resume seem weirdly thin and bare. Add an objective section at the top since you're low on content.
2. It feels awkward having the customer support by itself in the skills section. Why is that separate from employment?
3. Consider adding an interests/hobbies section if you do anything remotely interesting like playing an instrument or working out. I've ended up bonding with interviewers over my interests section numerous times.
>>
>>2769266
Also get a linkedin, upload a picture. My success rate with linkedin applications was significantly better. I got my first job on my 3rd linkedin application after applying to 50+ places outside of it.
>>
>>2769317
Because I am a Junior, I transferred and don't yet hold a degree.
>>
>>2769266

Take out any mention of high school, cause no one gives a shit once you have a degree.

Take out that skills box, it looks like shit but definitely expand on the technical skills if you want a STEM job.

Mentioning programming languages is good, shit like "hardware and software" is not. Get more specific here. No one's hiring "hardware and software" administrators. Mention Cisco, tcpdump, any protocols you configured, etc. instead.

I list every framework, utility, and programming language I've ever touched as a technical skill on my resume and I get good job offers left and right.

Also make sure that everything is aligned and looks pleasing to the eye. No one's even going to read your resume if the layout looks sloppy at first glance.
>>
>>2769266
Is this the new resume copypasta?

What happened to the Husky one? Was it getting stale?

Have a bump, I want to see how many more biz newfags are here
>>
>>2769266
Take your high school diploma off of there. Nobody gives a fuck that you graduated high school.

First job: "worked in a biochem lab" - they probably gathered that from the name of the fucking company. Tell them something they don't know that they will like, i.e. "developed, discovered, managed, created" etc. Employers like "action words" not passive words.

"3D design in minecraft" screams "basement dwelling nerd." say "3d Models for software"

Also don't mention you taught middle schools. Just say you ran a seminar on 3D model creation.

Skills: customer support - take that shit off. If that is your #1 skill you are failing.
Skill: Programming - do you have certificates in any of these? If you do, list them, if not, take them off. Everyone can use fucking microsoft office, so unless you have something much better than "I can type in word" leave that stupid shit off. Same with the O/S line - certificates or fuck it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.