[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some real advice from someone with life experience and fiscal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1473885724063.jpg (145KB, 1920x1541px) Image search: [Google]
1473885724063.jpg
145KB, 1920x1541px
Which country to move to?..

21, Currently working as a freelance web developer and designer. I make a livable income, maybe above average I don't know. Anywhere from 40k-75k a year depending on how much work I get, and how efficient the work given can be.

In US right now and cost of living on top of taxes are livable, but I feel like it'd be a lot smart for me to move to a country with a lower cost of living, just to save up and move back later.

Is this a smart idea? I'm not that fiscally responsible, and not that educated financially. Any ideas on countries with low tax, easy immigration... Reasonably safe with low cost of living? I'm not a pussy, I grew up in a literal ghetto, but I don't want to live in a mud hut.
>>
Forgot to mention that I receive all my money from online clients in USD, which is what gave me the idea of moving to somewhere with a lower cost of living.
>>
File: IMG_1144.png (180KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.png
180KB, 636x426px
Move to the USA, make 3x as much money for the same work. Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, NYC, Nashville, anywhere in North Carolina you would do much better.

I'm a web developer too, I live in Silicon Valley. The company I work for has other web developers in Austria and they earn half as much money as we American counterparts.
>>
>>2766938
Thanks anon, but I think you misread my post, I live in the USA currently, but I feel like the price of living is extremely high. My idea was to move out of the US to a country with lower cost of living so I could inevitably save more money and move back in like 10 years when i'm 30. Is this a good idear?
>>
Try Romania or other Eastern Europe country, life is pretty good as a freelancer there and ignore all the "gypsy country lul" because that's circlejerk.

I'm living there right now and life is really chill if you got money, I suggest Cluj-Napoca or Sibiu, most people speak English there and the quality of life is good.
>>
>>2766902
For freelance, it doesn't really matter where you're based. I assume most of OP's clients are based in the US, so he would charge the same rate regardless of where he lives.

OP I do UX/web design as well, salaried at the moment but have thought about doing something similar.

Top choices I'm considering would be Mexico or Thailand. I've been to Mexico City and Bangkok, and liked them both. Obviously a smaller city in those countries would be cheaper.

One perk of living overseas is the foreign earned income exclusion. This means that if you live in a foreign country for at least a year, you are exempt from paying US income tax on income up to $100k
>>
>>2767160
>>2767122

Thanks based anons, am now highly considering Romania or Thailand, will look more into.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.