[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If everyone is using the same indicators and making decisions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0402.jpg (11KB, 330x153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
11KB, 330x153px
If everyone is using the same indicators and making decisions based on those same indicators that every other trader does how is it that these indicators work?

It's not like you have a competitive edge since everyone is doing it?
>>
>>2743841
It's a self fulfilling meme.

If the "signs" point to up then everybody buys and it goes up. Same for the reverse. Add on top of that the psychology of markets (the modified gartner hype cycle) and you have a VERY rough intro to how markets operate.
>>
They don't work

ta is for retards who can't program
>>
>>2743870
tell me, you dumb nigger

how do you program your bot?

with fucking TA signals
>>
>>2743864
> it's the signs
So could I invent an indicator get a bunch of people to believe in it and follow it just because
>>
>>2743888

yes thats what all indicators already are. theyre memes that one person shilled and used to get themselves rich
>>
>>2743864
>>2743974
These guys understand markets, at least better than the retards that mostly populate this board. Sometimes it pays to follow the 'predictions' of a retarded sperg on YT just because you know his followers will, too, and will drive the prices towards his predictions.
>>
>>2743885
Lol you are retarded.
>>
TA is pretty consistant when you fully know the things that it can and cannot tell you, the reason why /biz/ never makes money with it is that everyone here seems to think that TA is magic that warps reality.
>>
>>2743841
Not sure about equities but for forex and commodities,
>everyone is using the same
Wrong. Not everybody is doing the same thing. Just off the top of my head: there are the businesses produce, and businesses who consume, both of those are using these markets to hedge physical; and funds who act as market makers they are nondirectionally biased and they make money selling offer and buying bid, there are some that do micro structure arbitrage; and there are funds who are trend following there are those that are manual and some that have automated this trend following but both of them boil down to breaking out to new highs and/or moving averages; there are some funds that are trend following position traders but instead of using indicators they'll use stuff like global macro; there are funds that do carry trades, interest rates arbitrage; then there are banks who are designated market makers, and there are swap dealers; and then there are central banks who do all kinds of interventions and operations to implement policy and these guys aren't even in it for profit.
>>2743864 >>2743888
Actually a lot of the trendfollowing/momentum funds do end up doing about the same things around the same times. And the metagame is very important part, that is is to say that some of the participants probably the funds who are making a market and also maybe the designated dealers are doing things like priming and painting to trick these trend following funds. This is a very old game. How the markets operate is that the market runs on pools of liquidity.
>>2743885
I know some called this bernd retarded but really some of the aforementioned funds will automate their trend following and at the heart of their algo is using momentum indicators, breakouts to new highs/lows, and moving averages.
>>
>>2744012
Finally an intelligent voice amongst the cavemen.
>>
>>2743870
why don't you go ahead and take a look at the 1 day charts for XVG, RDD, and XRP, and tell me what you see

then look up elliot wave.

>tA iS a MeMe
>>
My .00000002 sats is most new money are really looking for what you would call a black swan event, ie. a x1000 moon to make you rich.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.