[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in South Africa and would like to buy 3D printers as assets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 3d printer.jpg (10KB, 333x245px) Image search: [Google]
3d printer.jpg
10KB, 333x245px
I live in South Africa and would like to buy 3D printers as assets for about $2241 each. There is also a much cheaper "mini-printer" that I found for $351, but I'm not sure if it contains all the functions that I will need in order to run the business. There is a very big market gap for 3D printed stuff in South Africa and I think a large percentage of the population doesn't even know that it exists. What are different ways that I can use a 3D printer to generate income (preferably something that's also very affordable to the consumer)?

>inb4 lol you are african, therefore you are poor XDDDD
>>
>>2742228
lol you are african, therefore you are poor XDDDD
>>
>>2742228
I'll admit I don't know too much about 3d printers but if you can print food you could make a lot of shekels.
>>
dildos and butt plugs. you're welcome
>>
>>2742228
some guns
>>
>>2742228
Look up CR-10

Very good, cheap, and large enough to print helmets. People would love that shit.

Mini 3d printers are okay for gizmos but not much.
>>
>>2742228

first of all, if youre white in south africa you need to GTFO because the klan with a tan is gonna come for you when the govt inevitably collapses.

if you're black, 3d print tools and components for other tools. I'd imagine theres a big market for cheap, sturdy tools for all uses (hammers, scythes, etc,etc)
>>
>>2742244
With material costs in mind, will it still be profitable to print for people who can't afford really expensive shit?
>>
File: 1499304610176.jpg (27KB, 480x443px) Image search: [Google]
1499304610176.jpg
27KB, 480x443px
>>2742239
>>
>>2742271
$20 for basic filliament, 35 ish if u want something cool.

You can print things hollow or with infill. People who want custom stuff done are probably fine with paying 50-70 if the thing is more than 6 inches tall and more than 6 inches wide.

You could probably print custom fidget spinners for kids and use like 8 grams on a 1kg spool

You need to be good with cad, or GET GUD.

Pirate solidworks (or better yet just install and keep changing the clock back ) or try fusion 360 (tho that sucks ass)
>>
>>2742271
Look up the prices for filament. You can get cheap Chinese stuff but it doesn't always print that good. /diy/ has a really good general for 3d printing where you'll get much better advice.
>>
>>2742228
poes
>>
>>2742228
Is there any actual demand for 3D printed products in your region? With the exception of powder metallurgy machines ($$$$), 3D printed items are usually prototypes, or small runs of things that PLA is good enough durability wise (Oh, and a lot of art items)

Maybe as part of a machine shop (offering prototype services) or as a distributor of 3D printers / materials; but on their own they don't exactly print money.

> Assets.
You are better off spending $2200 USD on cards to mine crypto, if you're looking to make money right away.

>>2742244
PLA isn't durable. It breaks down in sunlight, and is a brittle. ABS is better, but Extruded ABS only has so many uses. Filament costs have been decreasing but are still somewhat expensive.
>>
i do not believe you will make much money from this, africans can just find regular pointy sticks on the ground, why would they pay you to print them?
>>
>>2742228
meme device dont buy
>>
File: PARKER.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
PARKER.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>2742397
PETG is more durable and stronger than abs, I've printed plenty with my cr10.

Haven't tried abs but I think I can. Heated bed gets pretty hot.

If I put a box on it while printing it would probably be golden.
>>
If you want to do well start learning cad and get good at it. The money is in being able to make custom stuff for people and designing your own stuff to sell.
>>
>>2742228
laser cutters are a better investment
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.