[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is 4chan making money on this garbage? Does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How the fuck is 4chan making money on this garbage? Does anyone ever click these articles, ever?
>>
It's the modern human condition. People are actually this dumb where they will fall for any clickbait enough for this horse shit to be profitable.

Have you been to /b/ lately? Dickpills and misleading "dating" sites.

The entire advertising industry is built off of deception. They view us (customers) as a disembodied collection of senses tethered to a wallet, they're only goal is to manipulate those senses into coughing up some energy (money)
>>
>>2741859
I just really have trouble believing anyone could be this dumb in general, let alone on 4chan.
>>
I'll sometimes accidentally tap them.
t. phone poster
>>
To be honest I have no idea why it works either.

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw an advertisement that made me go "oh that's neat I'd better buy it."

Personally I find the whole thing insulting, it's just a bunch of "oooh see look at this thing that's GUARANTEED to make you react! Click here you stupid fucker!"

Visiting places where people have a wide range of opinions (like 4chan) can actually help train you to better discern between something legit and bullshit shilling.
>>
>>2741912

That too, the only times I've clicked on 4chan ads was when I was trying to tap the little 'x' to close it. Which is exactly the point I'm trying to make that this entire facade is a crock of shit.
>>
>>2741822
The (((London Evening Standard))) has started to do articles like 'Breaking: LONDON HEATHROW EVACUATED' and you click it to find 'False fire alarm' and it just made me unlike desu
>>
>>2741822

No I legit gave one a chance, It was one of those. "X celebrities that died horrible deaths" I had a childhood crush on said celebrity. Anyway she wasn't even in the fucking list and is still alive. Fucking bollocks! I'm sure they're just trying to improve AI algorithms, and don't even care about selling you anything.
>>
>>2741822
>How the fuck is 4chan making money on this garbage? Does anyone ever click these articles, ever?
It's kinda odd how we are continuously surprised by how stupid normal people are.

And it's worth considering that even today with the third world moving in on us, most people take home a big cheque each week and actively try to spend it by the time the next week comes around.
>>
>>2742029
any time something like that piques my interest i don't click on the ad i just google it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.