[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a beginner who wants to mine some LTC, possibly some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 10734394.png (174KB, 470x517px) Image search: [Google]
10734394.png
174KB, 470x517px
I'm a beginner who wants to mine some LTC, possibly some BTC or other cryptos.

What sort of hardware do I need?/Should I use my decently powerful desktop? How do I get the coins into my wallet? What sort of pools should I join? etc

Help me out /biz/
>>
there are fourms that explain this extensively
biz isn't going to help you much

you have to decide which algorithm you want to mine and with what hardware if you ever want to make money
you could try mining bitcoin on your desktop but it's like 1 in 100000000000000000000 chance you mine any
>>
you missed the boat by about 5 years
>>
>>2739905
I was I kid, I couldn't do much about it. I've heard that the recent price explosion made mining them viable again. Does this apply to any coins or is it just memes?
>>
>>2739902
I might try anyway, do you have a link to those forums?
>>
>>2739919
you could make a little money mining with GPUs
what made bitcoin mining so valuable was that people who mined held onto their coins
you could buy 6 GPUs build a rig and point it towards some currency you think is promising and hold onto those coins until they increase in value
>>
this guys youtube is cool
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQ3XHtsH8Q9iQr9bFbgfDA/videos
that's the hardware side of GPU mining, then you need to figure out the software side
you can mine monero ethereum vertcoin and a lot of other coins with GPUs
if you have a lot of money and cheap electricity invest in ASICs you need antminer s9s to mine bitcoin and scrypt asic miners for litecoin
>>
>>2739929
Which components would you recommend buying and how hard is it to setup and power that sort of rig?
>>
>>2739951
figure out which coin you want to mine and find the best cards for that
for instance if you want to mine vertcoin it's algorithm is Lyra2REv2 and it's only been optimized with nvidia GPUs
where I think both amd and nvidia work with ethereum and monero

you want to figure out the math
electricity costs + number of solutions per second or hashes = how much of reward I should receive for securing the blockchain
>>
File: tt.gif (977KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
tt.gif
977KB, 500x245px
>>2739885
>'m a beginner who wants to mine some LTC, possibly some BTC or other cryptos
>>
if you have a gaming computer with a nvidia 1080 and mine vertcoin when you're not gaming you can make like 7 VTC or $3.50 a day
That's not really much unless you believe in the technology and hold or beef up the number of miner
>>
>>2739999
>I'm a bitter ETH bag holder who mocks no coiners to feel better

Let time do it's thing
>>
>>2739999
What is wrong with being beginner?
Seems like you came to the world
with GPU in your hand.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.