[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever used their library/work/ public computers to mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0014.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
Anybody ever used their library/work/ public computers to mine crypto? I work at a place that has 30-40 macs all like pic that nobody uses after 5pm and weekends and wondering if there is a way to set them up to mine without alerting the tech people or getting caught
>>
My friend did it at the University and made 5000 sia in a few days. Then he got banned.
>>
>>2719945
Hey das me
>>
maybe set up a timer to mine during the quiet hours, dunno how you could do it with using your personal log in info, and that is easily traced back

you would have to acquire log ins of one of the admins. keylogger while you ask for tech help that requires them to access admin rights would do it. This is all dandy until they notice a massive electric bill so you'd need an exit plan to uninstall all the software remotely as well.
>>
But for real any good IT boy should notice "hmmm the computers have been running a lot recently and this one user is logged into multiple computers running the same process" also power consumption, etc.

They will find you, and they will kill you(r processes)

And in my case ban my uni account
>>
>>2719915
don't even think about using desktops
only servers that run 24/7 can be used clandestinely, in which case you're limited to CPU mining or storage schemes
>>
Also even if the iMacs you speak of are the 2011 models, they're still shit GPUs. I had to mine Sia on over 60 school computers with a 50/50 mix of gtx 745s and 645s (which are also shit) plus a spare hd7950 I have lying around at home just to get approx 1000 SC every 24 hours

tldr 30-40 iMacs is weak sauce
>>
What makes me most sad is I counted a total of 180 computers in the school labs. Coulda owned that place AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU MEDDLING KIDS REEEEEEEEEEEE

also I should have mined something less shit than Sia
>>
>>2720181
Should've mined VertCoin. It's one of the best to mine on desktops.
>>
you won't mine shit with a mac
>>
>>2720143
>tfw have access to university server room
>literally hundreds of thousands of dollars worth in servers

How do I utilize these to make huge crypto gains?
>>
>>2720245
research CPU-minable cryptos
off the top of my head MYR supports it but it's a cheap coin so idk
>>
>>2720245
also be on good terms with your sysadmin, if needed offer him a cut in the operation
>>
>>2720266
LOL, actually every sysadmin in existence must be mining like a madman without telling anyone about it.
>>
At my place, there is no login, everyone just uses a group login, it's like one of those pay to play shared workspace places where you can just come in and log on to any free computer.

There is a guy who remotes in to each computer at around 7:00-8:00 everyday to delete everything to wipe saved files and they have this Cisco thing that blocks websites such as 4chan and YouTube but that's all, is there a way to install programs that stay hidden?
>>
>>2720661
probably no, not without admin credentials
>>
look into Verium, its CPU mineable and actually has a decent price.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.