[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Zcash worth mining? I have a 1080ti and have free electricity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: SGJVVDb.jpg (56KB, 750x659px) Image search: [Google]
SGJVVDb.jpg
56KB, 750x659px
Is Zcash worth mining? I have a 1080ti and have free electricity in my apartment since they want to move people back to this area because of hurricane sandy. If not Zcash then what coin.

Also this thread turn into a QTDDTOT after I get some answers.
>>
I'm deciding between Zcash and Zencash rn so bump for interest.
>>
Yes. ZEC's difficulty is lower than ETH's yet it trades slightly higher.

It's a deadend coin when ETH creates zero-knowledge tx, so convert it to ETH or BTC depending on the exchange rate for the day.
>>
>>2716421
Check out the other equihash coins
Zclassic
Hush
Zencash
Komodo
If you're just one card AND have free electricity you might as well speculate a little rather than just mine zcash for the market
FYI I'm running 6 modded 1080ti's at over 4,300 SOL/s, and I still think I'm a small fish for zcash
>my $0.02
>>
>>2716442
>It's a deadend coin when ETH creates zero-knowledge tx
Why would it die?
>>
You're not gonna make much but it'd be extra money. I've been mining one 1 gpu some random coins like UBIQ just to stock up.
>>
>>2716449
>If you're just one card AND have free electricity you might as well speculate a little
yeah I on;y have one card and I use it for playing games but, I need the money. I'm also scared that I'll kill my gpu before I make any gains and that's the reason for this thread to see if it's worth the risk.

If I get another 1080ti will that lessen the load and spread it out between both cards?
>>
Also, anyone seriously thinking of entering the GPU mining market should really think twice, because you're likely going to lose your ass
Not even FUDDING heed my warning
It's a pros game and you just don't have access to cheap electricity and hardware
>>
ive got a 1080 and im mining like $3-4 worth of ZEC a day while i work and sleep

figure it will pay for the card in less than a year, so why not?
>>
>>2716462
The two things propping up ZEC's price are its low coin cap and its anonymity gimmick. When Ethereum has implemented zero-knowledge proofs through its various implementations (e.g. ZCoin, or mainline anonymous contracts), there's no longer a reason to use ZEC and it becomes a deadend coin.
>>
>>2716485
Not necessarily, It all really depends on how fast you clock the card. To mine even somewhat seriously you'll be running the card at least 12 hours a day (but realistically 24/7 with free power) so if youre comfortable doing that to your $700 card then have at it
>>
>>2716523
When do you anticipate such event happening kind sir?
>>
File: 1497552221992.jpg (77KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1497552221992.jpg
77KB, 777x728px
Redpill me on the longterm price of Zcash.

Worth stockpiling in a wallet or selling weekly?
>>
>>2716554
https://zcoin.io/zcoin-implement-zero-knowledge-proofs-ethereum/

It's been going on for months sempai. zk-proofs are something JG Morgan wants for Quorum and it'll get mainlined to Eth core as a result.
>>
>>2716582
>JG Morgan
JP Morgan*
>>
File: 1497839757955.jpg (71KB, 571x659px) Image search: [Google]
1497839757955.jpg
71KB, 571x659px
>>2716543
>so if youre comfortable doing that to your $700 card then have at it
I hate shit like this, it sounds like your basically saying "If you want to get burned, go right ahead"

If I'm doing something wrong please help, I'm just so tired of being a wageslave and taking shit from my bosses who threaten backtalk with firing.
>>
mine digibyte and shapeshift it to LTC every 24 hours.

best profits for a 1080ti right now.

if you give me 20 dollars I'll give you a guide.
>>
>>2716607
I gave you my honest advice right here friendo >>2716449
The reality is you're stressing the card more than if you didn't mine with it but you'll probably be fine, just don't let the card run over 70 degrees long term
>>
Old BTC miner reporting, I quit because couldn't compete on power costs (USD0.09). Considering the GPU game only because I already have a card and always tempted to SLI the 4chan machine, if I could cover the blocks alone I'd be happy enough.

Speaking from experience though I struggle to imagine it being possible to make anything at that electricity cost. Fact is we are competing against chinks with USD0.01 prices, niggers who have access to free, unfair use or straight stolen power, and NEETs who have found a disguised conduit to mummy's wallet.

Might be possible if setup right though - can you guys tell me at what electricity price you would be able to operate on a margin at?
>>
>>2716644
>The reality is you're stressing the card more than if you didn't mine with it
Sorry to keep bothering you but I don't understand.
>>
>>2716693
when you're mining a lot your card gets very hot and is under a lot of stress as opposed to if you were just gaming
>>
>>2716673
That's what people don't get, the electric bill will eat all your profits within a few months when difficulties increase
You need a commercial hookup <$0.05kWh or why bother
>>
File: Ethiopian opal.jpg (46KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Ethiopian opal.jpg
46KB, 700x525px
>>2716703
Ok, looking at the price I don't think it's worth to shell out another $700. I'll just save and put money into non shitcoins little by little. I'm tired of bring poor but I don't want to lose what little happiness I have.

Thank you to the people who answered

>>2716673
>Fact is we are competing against chinks with USD0.01 prices, niggers who have access to free, unfair use or straight stolen power, and NEETs who have found a disguised conduit to mummy's wallet.
This just dawned on me too, holy shit. I guess I'll just wait for the August meme.
>>
>>2716509
>tfw free electricity and my first 1060 already paid for itself since may, other 1060 paid off like the third of the price
uhuh
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.