[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on bar tending. Is being a bartender a good career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bartending-sample-img.jpg (77KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
bartending-sample-img.jpg
77KB, 500x430px
Red pill me on bar tending.
Is being a bartender a good career choice?
Is the work physically demanding?
How are the hours?
>>
File: 1497984661095.jpg (298KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497984661095.jpg
298KB, 1280x1024px
>Is being a bartender a good career choice?

Only if you have big tits.
>>
>>2714988
>Is being a bartender a good career choice?
Bartending is not a career, it's a job
>Is the work physically demanding?
No you limp wristed faggot, you shake cocktails
>How are the hours?
Garbage, you have to stay up till 3am

that being said without skill/education you can shake rich peoples drinks for them and make 20-40/hour depending upon location, and drink price.

Work at a shitty dive and learn how to mix drinks and after 3 months apply to higher end joints where cocktails are $13-20/drink.

I do recommend it, but it's not something you should do for a long period of time
>>
>>2714988
Depends on how many other bartenders they employ for hours. It can be hard on your feet/knees. You'll probably have to mop piss and puke. The real difficulty is not beating the shit out of your brain dead customers on a regular basis. But having most of your income not get taxed by Juden is nice too
>>
>>2715080
This

Your tips and chances of fucking drunk strangers are linearly related to your the size of your mammaries

But then again if you're a busty gril you can probably make better money doing literally anything else, but bartending is a pretty flexible option
>>
>>2715121
>I do recommend it, but it's not something you should do for a long period of time
everyone quits after 10 years
>>
>>2715080
what if im /fakechad/?
>>
>>2715128
This, I make around 70k bartending in the city as a guy (more if you consider how little I pay in taxes). The only thing is you'll hate 99% of customers because are annoying and fucking retarded.
>>
people always say the tits and good-looking thing, but the only place where I see this sort of thing are in city clubs and shit

most bartenders look like pure dogshit
>>
Being around loud chads and obnoxious Stacies all night sounds awful to me.

There's better places to wage cuck.
>>
I could never do anything like that because I can't understand what the fuck people are saying if there's music playing. I'm not terribly good generally at decoding slightly unclear speech. Can someone explain to me the science behind this particular manifestation of autism?
>>
>>2714988

First few months will be shit. If you're competent, you may be able to apply to other places where you can make more.

If you're a 7/10 dude and live in the city, you can make a lot of money tending bar in the nicer gay clubs. The clientele in most of the upscale-ish places just want eye candy.

If that doesn't bother you, you can easily walk with 300-400 a night and more on weekends.
>>
Op, I worked in a bar maybe ten years ago when I was a student, it was ok!

Best thing was meeting a ton of hot chicks, I always tried to look as good as possible to get as many numbers as I could.

Apart from that, its just like any other low paid job really, can be pretty stressful with drunk fuckwits and power mad managers. Wouldn't do it again unless poor.
>>
It depends where you're from.

US has a weird salary/tipping culture for these types of jobs. Some people are earning ridiculous amounts of money because of it. If you are in EU then it's literally wagecuck slave labour that will make you want to kill yourself, unless you're into the whole lifestyle.

>have to learn how to make 100+/- of cocktails, some of which have 10+/- ingredients.
>dealing with retarded af drunk customers
>a lot of "classy" bars don't allow you to be a customer at the bar you work
>unsociable hours (it might seem fine if you're a neet jerking your dick until 6am, but working until this time or later is not as fun)
>zero hour contracts in UK = can work anywhere from 6-8 hours to 20 hours per shift with your next shift starting 5-6 hours later
>minimum pay, under 10$ an hour.
>most people you work with are wanna be Chads with 0 life goals
>nobody talks about anything other than how drunk they got last night, last week, last year.

However, there are nice small scale bars with relaxed atmosphere and you're not just a making the same cocktail 100 times an hour. You do have to be pretty good to work at these.

I'd try it either way, you might like it. It's not for everyone.

t. used to work at a chain bar in London
>>
>>2715284
Clubs are where the money is
>>
How long do shifts tend to be?
>>
>>2715416
not for the bartender.
I think it comes down to if you are fine with the work hours. I would totally consider bartending because I am up all night anyways.
>>
>>2715410
Its not that weird. Standard is just $1 a drink, $2 if the person has been drinking and thinks youre hot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.