[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/. This is my first time on the board, and I expected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9840.jpg (100KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9840.jpg
100KB, 736x588px
Hey /biz/. This is my first time on the board, and I expected legitimate business convos, but all I'm seeing is threads on BTC and other cryptocurrencies. In the hopes that there's actual business-type people here, I've got a question: What's the jewelry industry like, and is it a feasible enterprise to get into within the next decade or two? I got memed into college by my family, and I realized at the end of this year that I'm going to be starving my whole life with just a History degree. Any advice on jewelry? Jobs, pay, and the like?
>pic related: the greatest businessman of the 2010s
>>
Welcome
>>
>>2709420
You arent going to get any good advice here.

This is /crypto/. But you can leave with this:

:^)

Take it and run.
>>
>>2709420
If you're not Jewish just forget it
>>
>>2709420
>it took you 4 years to realize your history degree was useless

Jeez you must be pretty stupid
>>
are you Dennis from IASIP?
>>
>>2709447
No, it took me my first year of college. I'm not through it yet.
>>
Trying to start your own shop is not going to be easy as others already have long business relationships they use to get a better price than you.
What I understand after talking to someone that use to do it is the most profitable option for a newcomer is to travel to the 3rd world shitholes where gems are mined and handle business for the western suits that are too scared to go there themselves.
This takes the rare mix of fearless, intimidating, professional and business minded.
Because these skills are so rarely found in a single person they pay top dollar if you can get results, but be warned you are working in places where human life isn't considered particularly valuable so you also need to know when you shut up or walk away.
>>
>>2709441
I have Jewish ancestry. Not quite Sheqelberg, but enough to register as a Jew.
>>
>>2709489
I've got no real intent on starting my own shop currently. I'm going to be in the Army for a bit after college, so I may have some skills usable in what you're talking about.
>>
>>2709519
That could be a very solid option, the guy I knew was para before getting into gems and they let him take a couple of his army mates with him.
Most of his stories were about having a lot of fun traveling the world with mates but there were a few times they had to get out of sticky situations.
>>
>>2709544
That's funny, because I'm actually thinking about being a paratrooper.
>>
>>2709556
Look after you knees and don't be afraid of insulting someone by double checking your chute, other than that have fun.
>>
>>2709490

I recommend being careful registering as a jew. That hasn't always worked out well.
>>
>>2709568
Thanks. Refreshing to find a tidbit of good information on this hell site.
>>
>>2709579
Well, it can't get much better than it is now. People are practically treated like royalty once their peers find out they're Jewish.
>>
I've submitted feedback almost every day pleading with mods to clean up all the crypto talk.
>>
>>2709601
From what I've seen, good luck. It's just like the fringe topics on the other boards. Can't police them when they flood the place, short of enacting a mass ban or board shutdown and strict policing of threads.
>>
>>2709427
Fuck off with your shit on every post
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.