[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being on welfare or disability even worth it? It feels like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1499162571079.jpg (133KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
1499162571079.jpg
133KB, 780x818px
Is being on welfare or disability even worth it?

It feels like you get paid very little and ruin your chances of making it.
>>
Well?
>>
>>2703229
>>2703356
It won't be visible to future employers during the interview process or whatever you're worried about
But... welfare WILL turn you into an entitled, lazy loser with no determination or sense of self worth
I wouldn't listen to anyone espousing a NEET lifestyle, it's just fucking sad
So yes it can theoretically ruin your chances of making it
>>
>>2703407
Disability wouldn't? Just seems like there's something in place to stop people from getting a job after having paranoid schizophrenia for 5 years

Also isn't it little as fuck money too?
>>
>>2703229
Depends on your situation, are you disabled? I'm a state and federal felon and haven't been able to find work since 2014. I also have a mental health disorder and have been hospitalized 7 times in the last 5 years for episodes of varying degrees. Life has been easier with the measly $764 check you get, but if my pops wasn't still around and helping me out then it would totally not be enough. As a single, childless male I only got $120 in food stamps. During one of my rehabilitation phases after an episode, I had to find a place to live while the medication took hold. I attacked my pops in the episode so he was a little terrified. I found a place on craigslist that was around $415-420 after utilities. This was the best situation I could find. It was one large room with no closets and a window a/c the size of small microwave. Ghetto. Would have been homeless though, if I didn't have disability. I was able to make it work. Now I'm feeling healthy the medication seems to be working well and I'm going to try and get a job this week. I'm also a medical cannabis patient. If I wasn't then, I could invest a little in crypto each month and increase my odds of getting off disability. Either way the main question is do you need the assistance? If so, then yes it's worth it. Now that I'm on disability, I have 9 months that I can work while on disability before they take it away. Depending on how much I make during that 9 months, also determines how much of the $764 they still pay me. If I'm working part-time there is a good chance that I'll still get some of a disability check until I have worked 9 months within a 12 month period. If you need it, get it. That's what being American is for.
>>
I got 300k on btc and waiting for UBI to come into effecto then ill get 400eur a month and wont need to work a single day in my life

t. haven't work a single day in my life
>>
>>2703426
Unless you're going to work for the FBI, they aren't able to dig any of that shit up
I'm not sure what the benefits are like, probably comfy for free money
>>
>>2703465
How do you feel about your life when you think about the future? What brought you to 4chan?
>>
File: 1498339982181.jpg (263KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
1498339982181.jpg
263KB, 720x764px
>>
If you are in USA, disability being worth the hassle depends on your state. In California it's not a bad deal; in poor Southern states it's a shitty grind to get on it, and can be taken away at any time.

A good in-between is food stamps. If you don't have verifiable income it is relatively easy to get on SNAP (food stamps) and that's a good couple hundred bucks a month (again depending on where you are)
>>
>>2703229

For the betterment of society - no. For the betterment of the individual - yes.

> know 26 year old male
> has 7 kids, doesn't see em'
> is known felon - in and out of prison
> doesn't pay cs or even work
> his baby mamas are on sec8 n' stamps
> he is on stamps ($180) n ssi ($700) a month

He died later at the age of 31 due to his condition. In the time he lived, he did nothing for society as a whole. He destroyed multiple lives and left children fatherless. He was all around a piece of shit with no remorse for those around him.

>>2703465

> federal felon
> doesn't work

Your life sounds much like his, but without the kids.

These kinds of people are the people the middle class hate.
>>
>>2703407
>be born into a rich family
>get 6 figures a year from dividends
>be a NEET and enjoy life
>document it on social media
>get even more money by doing so
just lol at not being a rich NEET. if you arent' then you got scammed at birth, simple as that.
>>
File: BTCfuture.png (2MB, 1297x5111px) Image search: [Google]
BTCfuture.png
2MB, 1297x5111px
>>2703508
just hold until 2025 to be hyper rich
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.