[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine that I have enough money to buy some huge amount of land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Villa_dEste.jpg (1MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Villa_dEste.jpg
1MB, 3328x1872px
Imagine that I have enough money to buy some huge amount of land in a strategical place in the middle of nowhere, and I establish there a business (a vineyard, for example). Let's say that because of the location, people will have to move there to work, and I will start building a few houses that they will rent. If the business grows, we would have to develop infrastructure. How can I take advantage of this, and become the leader of my own town?

Not sure if you know what I mean.
>>
>>2692678

>Not sure if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean and its fucking stupid.

Dream about something else.
>>
>>2692678
not sure what your exact question is, but the idea is not foolish, you can clearly see this type of pattern in several areas. I'm thinking of chinese factories (Foxconn for instance, with workers parked around), or even at this very moment, the F station in France (Biggest startup cluster in the world financed by a French billionaire, who's also building moderately expensive housing nearby which will be very (((clever))) to live in because of (((networking opportunities))) )

Also think about what Google is doing in Moutain view too. My advice would be to seek a high added-value activity. It wouldn't work for a winery imo, you would be 2 centuries too late, though its not foolish as i said bc working class cities used to exist around factories
>>
>>2692678
That's pretty hard. There aren't loads of places that are just awesome to live in and have nobody around allowing you to basically start settlement there with your little business to bring money into the area.

My idea is to make enough to buy 10+ acres like 30-60 minutes outside of a nice city, maybe north Seattle, and have a nice private property for a modern homestead sort of deal.
>>
>>2692678
better stick to Sim City m9
>>
>>2692678

You will need much more money than just for buying the land.

Think about it anon, why would John move from the cozy city with all the hookers and blackjack and work in the middle of nowhere in a vineyard for 500$ a month when he can work for 500$ in Starcucks drilling for oil in his nose.

>Inb4 i am not gonna pay 500$ my workers...i am gonna pay them enough for them to have a reason to come.

Enjoy having a business that is losing you money.

> Even if somehow you do manage to convince someone to come.

You will need stores/medical centers/schools/venue.

You want to be a feudal lord anon but that time has passed...you will have to build a whole town with all its needs before someone moves in.

This is not sim city people will not move in the middle of no where cause you have a house and a corn field and complain that that their needs are not fulfilled.
>>
>>2692678
You can always move to a remote area in Vietnam and become Colonel Kurtz.
>>
File: C9sj4AXWsAAczYi.jpg (72KB, 595x476px) Image search: [Google]
C9sj4AXWsAAczYi.jpg
72KB, 595x476px
>>2692678
Start from here.
>>
>>2692779
desu its not something you can plan from scratch, you have to firststrike it big to make this happen

The microsoft location in the state of Washington is like this, you have grocery stores, barbers and everything you might need on spot, on top of housing, but it's microsoft not some crappy vine company

that does not mean feudal reign is over, just harder to reach and different in nature
>>
>>2692779
Think of this: City life is more and more expensive. Overpopulation will fuck us even more. People will be ok with earning 500€ if that covers their home and basic needs.

For god's sake, here where I live (Europe) you can see whole towns for sale, because 95% of the population moved to overpopulated cities. They will suddenly return. If not now, in the next decades (I don't think they will be able to live alongside sand people).

Just imagine a new Liechestein (bridging the gaps).
>>
>>2692779
drilling for oil in his nose?
>>
>>2693089
>>
vineyard? Are you nuts? You won't need people to do anything about vineyards in the future. Every job can be done by robot. Making wine can be done with just you and robots. Working people are so 20th century
>>
>>2693076
where in europe? wish to purchase some of these towns.

15 years ago when the US fucked its shit up i acquired a hefty land portfolio in So.Cal and in Maine.

I want to expand that shit to Europe.

Looking at low vegetation acreages. Not barren, just no trees or wild brush that needs maintenance.
>>
>>2693547
Spain. If you are rich enough you could surf the wave of tourism (the only business that never decay here). Sand people move to richer countries, and the citizens from rich countries come here on holidays and after retiring.

Btw, if you are interested, I recently heard that some italian historical buildings are for sale, but I don't really know how it works.

Obviously my thread is more like a "what if" idea. In real life I am a poorfag who trade with small amounts, and beg in the corresponding threads. Feel free to tip, guys: 1B8a9B9hgtBnvpv3nEK8TTkqJfGwZaWwZe
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.