[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you make "lower than 0%" inflation? he wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: subzeroinfl.png (46KB, 578x369px) Image search: [Google]
subzeroinfl.png
46KB, 578x369px
how do you make "lower than 0%" inflation?
he wants to make miners pay (or rather, 'burn') ether if they want to mine a block, hoping that the transaction fees will cover their losses?
>>
>>2687297
You reduce the supply over time. Are you stupid?
>>
File: smallpow.png (20KB, 569x173px) Image search: [Google]
smallpow.png
20KB, 569x173px
>>
>>2687302
yeah, but how do you reduce the supply? you make every address lose ether at an equal rate?
>>
>>2687302
you realize that sub-0% inflation means currently existing ether has to disappear forever
>>
link
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6jzc22/vitalik_buterin_barrysilbert_once_casper_comes/
>>
oh it means 1 unit of ether will increase in value even faster than the market cap of ether increases

and yeah, it'll be part of the transaction fee that gets eliminated from the system, the amount stored at your addresses can't be touched by anyone without access to your private key
>>
>>2687317

you destroy a % of the transaction fees

it says right there in the first tweet you mong
>>
>>2687669
but then 'partial tx fee burning' can be applied while still having over 0% inflation? that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, bit it's what the tweet implies
how would that be useful?
>>
Lol at thinking ethereum can even do a hard fork to get to PoS.
>>
>>2687890
What are you even saying? A hard fork is effortless, how could they not be able to do it?
>>
>>2687890
Too many fucking retards don't understand the built in iceage and how much more gnarly it is then the bitcoin halving
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.