[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my scumbag roommate who I haven't lived with in 7 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: siliconbabe.jpg (292KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
siliconbabe.jpg
292KB, 1440x900px
So my scumbag roommate who I haven't lived with in 7 months used my name to pay the cable bill. Used his credit card and phone. Now I'm getting letters in the mail cuz he failed to pay his bills and it's threatening to fuck my credit score. Obviously I texted him but he keeps making retarded excuses.

I don't know how this stuff works. Will his credit card take the hit and I shouldn't even care or will I get shit on because they have my name/address?
>>
>>2676056

>living with a roommate

This is why you try and manage your own, or you stay with your parents.

To answer your question, if its in your name, you get the credit hit.
>>
How does that even make sense to effect your credit score? You didn't sign any legally binding documents.

Maybe if you just write fuck off, prove it was me, idiot to the debtors they'll leave you alone. Works for ebay. Fucking scam artists.
>>
>>2676056
well if its not yours credit card and not your phone..... you must inform company that is sending you bills.
>>
go to r/personalfinance they deal with this all the time.
For now it's not a big deal, but he may have done more damage that you still don't know about.
>>
>>2676056
>fucking your credit score with nothing but a name

That'd be pretty hard, anon. I mean, if they don't even have your social, there's really nothing they can legitimately do. Otherwise everyone out there named John Smith would have a negative credit score.
>>
>>2676091
Yeah but my drivers license still matches the old address :\
>>
>>2676111
(the physical copy anyways)
>>
>>2676056
>giving someone access to your goycard
>caring about your good goy points
pick one
>>
>>2676056
just call the ISP and tell them what is going on, i can pretty much guarantee they'll be willing to help you out
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.