[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm losing faith in ETH It has taken me 2 weeks to HALFWAY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: wallpaper-homestead.jpg (157KB, 1209x755px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-homestead.jpg
157KB, 1209x755px
I'm losing faith in ETH

It has taken me 2 weeks to HALFWAY sync the blockchain on 100mbps internet

What the fuck is wrong with this shit? Don't victim claim you keks
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108KB, 400x381px
Same here, sort of.

My tech friends who are complete tech-autists making $150,000 doing nerdy faggot code shit are telling me to invest and hold for 1-2 years because this shit is going to be worth a fortune though.

Not really sure what to think
>>
>>2675151
I don't know, maybe the run from $1 to 400 in 3 months maybe priced some of that future in already
>>
>>2675161
This. Same thing with Bitcoin.
>>
>>2675142
>>2675151
your disks are too slow, that's why it's taking so long. it you want to do a full sync quickly you need to do it on an SSD. if you're using parity in archive mode you'll want at least 300GB free, with geth you'll only need <100GB.
>>
>>2675187
>if you're using parity in archive mode you'll want at least 300GB free, with geth you'll only need <100GB.
Haha fuck this shit, I'm not buying a fucking $200 future-proof SSD that's big enough to store the blockchain just to store a couple coins. I am trying to do this on my spare encrypted laptop that will go into cold storage once I'm done and it just will not work.

Does ETH have wallets like BTC's electrum that lets you not sync the blockchain?
>>
File: screenshot.2017-07-01 00.20.47.png (10KB, 380x160px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.2017-07-01 00.20.47.png
10KB, 380x160px
>>2675214
use parity in fast (default) mode then. it doesn't download the full chain just snapshots and recent states. much faster and more manageable. you interact with it through your web browser for either linux or windows. once you fire it up again it'll sync quickly.
>>
>>2675214
there's also myetherwallet, which I think runs in a web browser locally and doesn't sync the blockchain, it transmits the tx's through myetherwallet's nodes. I've never used it though because I don't trust a 3rd party with my wallet transactions, for anyone.
>>
File: HugeLinearLamb-size_restricted.gif (4MB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
HugeLinearLamb-size_restricted.gif
4MB, 445x250px
>>2675142
>>
>>2675142
ETH is joke, thats why!
bc.daniel.net.nz
>>
>>2675214
also the reason it takes so long is there were a few periods the network was attacked, 19million empty accounts created, low gas tx spam/DDoS, etc. blocks ~2400000 thru ~2700000 is the really bad zone that takes long even on an SSD because it has to sort through all the shit.
>>
>>2675302
got anyone youtube links on this?
>>
Doesn't scale in space complexity. Doesn't scale in time complexity. Eth is a failed first attempt at an excellent category. The next smart contract coin that comes along will fix its flaws, and carry us to the moon. But unfortunately Ethereum isn't it. I bought in during the ICO, and cashed out last night. I'm done.
>>
>>2675142
Eth is shit. DUMP THE FUCK OUT OF IT
>>
>>2675411
Yup. This is why ANS rocks.
>>
>>2675142

When people will realise that ETH is a big pile of shit that can only do scammy IPOs, the price will crush into an abyss full of pinks wojaks
>>
fuck off it took me around 8 hours on a 120 mbit connection less than a month ago on a regular hard drive. Did you stop it and restart it at all?
>>
>>2675151
You should ask your friends to provide a technical explanation on how the ETH blockchain is scalable at all and check what bullshit they throw your way
>>
>>2675151
Dollar cost average if you want a long term hold. 400 wasn't the peak but you will get a lot of dips and crashes on the way.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.