[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 18 years old > Only 10,000 in savings At what point do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1498634397451.jpg (30KB, 480x417px) Image search: [Google]
1498634397451.jpg
30KB, 480x417px
> 18 years old
> Only 10,000 in savings
At what point do I kill myself? How the fuck am I supposed to pay for college when it took me a year to save up all this shit.
>>
Being 18 with 10k savings is pretty good, bro.
>>
That's actually more than all these 4chan fat brokeboys

You're in good shape OP
>>
File: 1496545676486.jpg (56KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496545676486.jpg
56KB, 512x512px
>>2672323
>pay for college
Better go visit Mr. Goldberg at Bank of America, my friend
>>
>>2672323
I'm almost 19 and I have 180 in savings. 113 in cryptos, the rest I'm going to waste on a brothel next week with my friends.
I'm in Brazil though so I guess I'm pretty good
>>
people falling for this bait..

i knew autism was common here but wow
>>
>>2672353
i don't want to get jewed by mr. goldberg.
I can cover right now the first semester of college and thats it. Would it be wise to do this?
>>
>>2672370
its actually not bait tho. I have been compulsively saving and investing for a while now. I don't have any friends, so I never really spend money.
>>
File: disappointed jaimie.gif (4MB, 440x358px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed jaimie.gif
4MB, 440x358px
>>2672323
>How the fuck am I supposed to pay for college when it took me a year to save up all this shit.

Ok listen here nigger

1. Why do you want to go to college?
2. Do you need it to do what you want in life?
3. Do you need to go to college to do it?
4. Do you still want to go to college?
>>
File: 96f.jpg (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
96f.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
>>2672643
1) I think going will probably help raise my credentials, but really I don't think thats the main reason.
My parents are pressuring me into going so hard right now, yet they're not helping me at all financially.
Also I have a FOMO. I don't want to regret not doing it later in life. College is my last chance to put me off the r9k 40 year old kvh neet track.
I feel like if I don't go I'll end up stuck in this shithole forever with no friends.

2) I want to be a computer programmer. Not sure what I want to program exactly, but I have made IOS apps and websites. IOS apps are kinda fun to make. Web dev make me want to kill myself. Although I don't think I want to work at a large company. I had an internship at an extremely large fortune 500 companies' IT department, and I realized I didn't want to do that. Most people do bitch work unless they're there for 20+ years. I was thinking about maybe interning at a startup to see how that would be like.

3) Maybe. Right now computer science is getting flooded with the 'WOYMEN CAN PROOOGRAM' and brown people from india. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, it just lowers my standing in the field now that all white men are going to be valued less. indians are cheap and women make the workspace diverse. Men have no standing. Idk tho, if I work at a startup I can avoid this probably.

4)Not sure. I don't want to be an autist forever and maybe I could make connections at college. But i also dont want to go into debt for the rest of my life for this meme.
>>
>>2672851
college is good for getting corporate programming gigs because they require 4 year degrees. i wouldn't bother if you just want to do iOS work or non-corp work.
>>
>>2672323
>How the fuck am I supposed to pay for college
you don't need that masters in expressive feminist dance studies. take your 10k and start a business. you will thank me later when you read wagecuck stories on the internet, enjoying your freedom.
>>
>>2672930
true. Anyone have any experience working as 1099 contractors? Is that the way to do it?

>>2672959
I probably should desu. Deep down that's what I really want to do. I just dont want to make the wrong choice I'll regret later.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.