[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I downloaded the Bitcoin Core wallet on my desk top. It says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So I downloaded the Bitcoin Core wallet on my desk top. It says it has to sync with the bitcoin network, i was in a hurry because I was worried that coinbase was going to close my account so I sent the bitcoin from coinbase to the Bitcoin Core wallet on my desktop, now it says that it wont be finished syncing the wallet untill tomorrow, it only synced about 10% since yesterday. Does anyone have any insight into why it takes so long? Anything i can do to get my funds before then, it says the balance wont be accurate until the wallet wallet is done syncing.
>>
It's P2P, plus the blockchain is like 120gb.
>>
>>2658041
so it basically has to download every single transaction that has ever occured? or its just connecting with every singe bitcoin wallet out there?
>>
>>2658063
To put it simply yes its basically downloading everything, if you need something to get your coins in right away get electrum wallet (bitcoin) or something more normie-suitable like Exodus wallet (supports bitcoin/litecoin/ethereum, and others). Those wallets don't need to sync up because it connects with other 3rd party servers to get all that transaction data (i.e. you dont have to download it yourself).

So just send yourself the funds to the wallets on these apps.

If you've sent your funds to the wallet/address on bitcoin core already, you should be able to backup that wallet and then import it to one of those other programs.
>>
Good job. True decentralization means Bitcoin Core, the rest is a scam.
>>
>>2657981
Install https://electrum.org/

I use Electrum on my laptop and desktop
Full Bitcoin Core on my dedicated server that has Gigabit Internet
>>
use electrum and you don't need to download the entire blockchain
>>
>>2657981
As well as the good advice to use electum, have a look at exodus.io
It's not as secure but has a nice user interface and allows you to easily convert between a few diff cryptos (note - it uses ShapeShift which is fast but has higher fees than exchanges)
>>
Why isn't there Electrum for Ether?
>>
>>2658401
>>2658393
>>2658259
thanks looking into electrum
>>
>>2658379
Go away luke-jr
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.