[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I analyze this shit? I've been researching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: gemini btc.jpg (182KB, 1672x989px) Image search: [Google]
gemini btc.jpg
182KB, 1672x989px
How the fuck do I analyze this shit? I've been researching and I guess I've figured out a few things, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

1. Bollinger bands are just a loose predictor of market movement, right? If the price goes above the band it's mooning and will correct underneath the band soon, and the opposite is true if it breaks through the resistance band.

2. Volume is just how many buyers and sellers are active in the market. If the volume is shooting up through the line it mines the price will probably increase, unless it's a huge sell volume in which case it decreases.

3. Macd is the general trend of the long term volume minus the short term volume, right? So if the macd is in the red and the blue band is far under the white band, it's a good time to buy in? And if the macd is in the green and the blue band is far above the white band, it's a good time to sell?

please help
>>
Red = buy, green = sell

Buy high sell low, das how we roll here.
>>
>>2649311
I'll show you.

>Is the coin BTC or ETH?
If Yes, buy it.
>But it's gonna..
Just buy it. Buy as much as you can of it. Buy.
>>
File: disgusting charts.jpg (411KB, 2498x800px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting charts.jpg
411KB, 2498x800px
>>2649311
zoom out. Retard charts are pic related. You want bars, so you can see swings, and how strong they are, and where the support and resistance is.
meme bands kind of 'work', until they don't. All they are is standard deviation, and in a range that's not too bad. Bear in mind they were originally designed to go long when the band breaks, and keeps going. Try 200 BB's with varying STD, experiment, always.

Volume is a whole world in itself. A volume spike will sometimes stop the market, there's nobody left. It will often consolidate, then eventually reverse. Sometimes you get a V reversal. Volume divergences can help you.

MACD will really fuck you up, I guarantee it. Take it off and watch the price.
>>
>>2649432
why discount macd? it looks like it's a generally decent predictor for market swings, identifying the peaks and lows.
>>
File: weis-chart-1.jpg (88KB, 1034x803px) Image search: [Google]
weis-chart-1.jpg
88KB, 1034x803px
>>2649473
It gets you in late, the market reverses. You believe the memeD instead of the price.
Or you're constantly looking for reversals because it's crossing over, but the trend is still one way.
It can go flat for a long time, and you start squinting at it, thinking it's giving a signal, you enter, it isn't giving a signal.
If you want to use it, watch the market on short time frames, see if it helps you. Maybe it will, but it fucked me up for months trading forex. Try RSI, google RSI divergences. if the market is pure waves, you can often get a divergence at a turning point, but you need a price confirmation.
the best advice is take as much off as possible and focus on the price.
100, 200, and 34 MA's will help you more than lower meme indicators, I guarantee it.
>>
How about you analyze a higher time frame? 15 minute charts are mostly noise.
>>
>>2649711
I used to trade 15 second charts. Now I use 55 tick on eur/usd.
There's no noise, even single tick charts have patterns, but only the algos can use them.
You just have to be fast, and get out fast when you're wrong. Everything starts somewhere.

I'm not saying you can do that on cryptos, you can't. The LMAX euro spread is 0.1 pips, you're in the money after half a pip including comms if you're right. If you're wrong, scratch it and wait for the next one.
>>
>>2649311
Bollinger bands are a volatility indicator i.e. the current price action relative to previous price action.
Default values are 20 (N value) and 2 (K value).
The middle line is a moving average (MA) over a period of time N (20), the upper line is a standard deviation above the middle whereas the lower line is a standard deviation below the middle, this deviation is = MA +- Kσ.
A wider spread indicates higher volatility whereas a tighter spread indicaes low volatility. In general, movements outside of the bands are short lived.

Volume is the total amount of coins being traded at a given time, this is the sum of coins being bought and sold. Volume can be imagined as fuel for the trend, a trend without volume is a weak one. Many consider volume to be necessary for meaningful movements in price.

MACD is = short period EMA - long period EMA, default values are 12 and 26 days.
It shows a relationship between those EMA values and can be used to indicate a change in the trend. It's not terribly useful because a cross in either direction doesn't always indicate support/resistance. For example the current upper line could cross down (sell signal) and immediately cross up again (buy signal). Literally sending mixed signals
>>
>>2649784
so what time interval would you recommend using for crypto? 1 hr?
>>
File: 1 GVXWzdyTwjvFQvA5zqtacw.png (34KB, 1097x432px) Image search: [Google]
1 GVXWzdyTwjvFQvA5zqtacw.png
34KB, 1097x432px
>>2649845
I'm not going to bullshit you, I don't trade crypto, but I'm checking out the markets until I get the feel. Hour and the 15 minute look good. The declines on bitcoin looked almost telegraphed to me, the M15 got jammed under the 34 moving average and got coiled then popped. But then I've looked at a lot of charts for too many fucking hours.

Check this one out, the chinks magically smashed the market with 'news', but the high was 8888, the luckiest number in their numerology. Man made or some kind of cycle? Markets are weirder and trippier than we know, I'm convinced of that by now.
>>
>>2649934
so i don't think i fully understand the importance of volume yet. is it as simple as buying at a low when sell volume gets high?
>>
>>2649311
you clearly haven't been here long enough. technical analysis doesn't work in crypto. it's all a gamble to find out which coin will be pumped next because none of the coins have current real world usage.
>>
>>2650181
If you buy a sideways coin if there's no volume then it's not going anywhere. When you see a reversal look for indicators to support it, predicting the future with indicators is foolish use them for confirmation of an emerging trend, volume being the steam that we move the price.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.