[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances that I'll be accepted for an entry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: maersk-oil.jpg (477KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
maersk-oil.jpg
477KB, 2048x1152px
What are the chances that I'll be accepted for an entry position for a job on an oil rig? I have 0 xp, no college degree but am young and eager to learn and ready to bust my ass working.... Should I even consider applying?
Pic somewhat realated, considering Maersk
>>
An oil company isn't going to be hiring new blood when oil is under 50$ and subsea production is one of the more expensive options.
>>
Give it a go but when I was in the resource sector there was a shitload of nepotism. Also ignore >>2648326 it's a hard life and lots of guys only last a few years before burning out so they always need meat for the grinder.
>>
>>2648157
not sure, probably not that great. are you sure you want to work offshore though?

it doesn't look that tempting to me. i've briefly visited and worked on a few oil platforms in my job as a programmer
>>
>>2648452
I feel like I need to grow the hell up and a job like this sounds just about right. Hard work, manual labor, responsibility... There is no distraction since I'd be offshore which is great. I'm not a vice person either (don't find enjoyment in drinking, taking drugs etc.). And also the cash is porbably better then compared to anything I'd get in my country for any other job im qualified for (which is none).
>>
>>2648991
alright well there have been a lot of layoffs the past few years, at least in my country. it's due to the massive drop in oil price since 2014 or so. so the chance of getting a job there without qualifications right now i think would be very low. perhaps it's better in other countries though. also it varies between companies i guess
>>
>2648157
zero

t. 2nd gen drilling biz guy
>>
>>2648157
What are my chances of getting a decently paying Rig job if I have a BS in Geology with a solid internship and lab experience on my resume?
>>
>>2648991
>going from 0 to 200mph in less than a second
you're going to get killed
do it op, I do work in the oil industry in México
>>
File: 1465208079570.jpg (2MB, 2560x2489px) Image search: [Google]
1465208079570.jpg
2MB, 2560x2489px
>>2648157
>tfw got to the last stages of the selection process for working on an offshore oil rig and got rejected

that was for process engineering. you could probably give it a try as long as you're not as autistic as me and the place you're applying for work at isnt in australia
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.