[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Download Eth-go git files >Start my own Eth blockchain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1497800644239.png (314KB, 460x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497800644239.png
314KB, 460x480px
>Download Eth-go git files
>Start my own Eth blockchain in roughly 10 days of work (starting from scratch), mining with a portion of an AI GPU network I use at work
>Download the githubs of some recent ICOs and get them running on my blockchain within another 5 days
>MFW have pretty much the full Eth tech in it's current state (with all the functionality) running off of ~10k of gear, working fine, and it didn't cost me 20 billion dollars.
>Realize the only value in ETH right now is the hashing power and that is going away with Casper

Explain to me again why companies are going to buy POS Eth when as an amateur programmer I got my own chain running with all the same functionality in ~15 days?

Ya'll are screwed.
>>
You ran a private network, pajeet.
Ethereum is a public blockchain.
>>
>>2640558
Right, but a company can set up a private network between them and customers and use all the same functionality, I'm asking why would they buy ETH at 300$ each.
>>
>>2640603
Because they don't want to go through the ten days of trouble you did with ~10k gear for something they could just throw a quick buck at.
>>
>>2640543
I remember being here before the recent bubble when the price was still $13-$18 and the hype was building etc. EEA was a crown jewel in the argument for Ethereum but your argument always stuck in the back of my mind.

There is no revenue generating contracts between the EEA and public Ethereum that would give public Ethereum any value. The best public Ethereum can hope for is patches to the codebase coming out of changes the EEA will be doing at the behest of its own stakeholders' requirements.

But yeah, it was quite the piece of propaganda a few months ago when the pump was 24/7.

I remember reading and watching some interviews with people who had been through the tech bubble and a key take away was that when regular investors pile in it's time to get out. The normies are well and truly here. I believe they might be fucking off right about now too and we are seeing the end of this boom->bust cycle.

I still hold some ETH though, took profits about a week ago just before the Status ICO and everything has been downhill from there.

This is when indexes like ICN become interesting. It's pretty obvious that crypto is around to stay and grow, time to diversify and ride the wave once the normies piss off.
>>
>>2640603
They can and will do that if it fits their needs.
>>
>>2640603
No one is gonna use your company's blockchain, retard.
Lots of people use Eth
>>
>>2640543
this is literally pajeet logic
>>
>>2640644
>when regular investors pile in it's time to get out

we're nowhere near that stage though none of the tech nerds i know have heard of ethereum
>>
>>2640703

Then you hang out with tech bros.

Ethereum is in mainstream media and has been pumped for a couple of months to normies reading the financial pages. It's not the tech bubble in scale or reach, it's the tech bubble in behaviour.
>>
People who don't understand the concept of forking a github repo is going to hold while the rest of us take profit.

Dumb money is here and has been here since 100 to 400 usd rally.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.