[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Graduate with 150 hours, 3.3 GPA,, 2 internships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0604.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0604.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>Be me
>Graduate with 150 hours, 3.3 GPA,, 2 internships in college, a degree in accounting and a degree in finance from the state school
>move to a big city where my family is
>get a temp/contract position at an investment firm, staffing agency says I should get full time after 8-12 weeks
>Pushing 6 months now, making less than 40K, still no full-time offer because "they have a fixed amount of positions so it depends on turnover"

I know I do a good job at work, at least comparatively. I don't ask off hardly ever and I always get my shit done on time without my supervisors having to ride my ass. Still no full-time offer. I've been applying to other places, I don't even hear back from them 95% of the time. Meanwhile my girlfriend got a 3.1 in college, taking 12 hours a semester, and doesn't even have her CPA eligibility... yet she's making almost 60K because her sister is partner in a firm.

I'm so fucking mad. What am I doing wrong? My whole fucking life I was told if I work hard, get good grades, and a decent major, I should be able to make good money. I'm not even making the average fucking salary for new grads. I'm so god damn pissed off and frustrated right now, can someone give me advice?
>>
>>2626399
HODL
>>
>>2626399
that's called nepotism. talk to her and get her to give you a job in her family's firm
>>
>>2626399
Work hard means you are actually working. You're a fucking desk working, paper pushing bitch that's making his boss rich.

Meanwhile guys that are ACTUALLY working buy building thinks like, roads, houses maintaining you heating and cooling fixing your cars...are making a killing. Many of which learn for 15 years and start their own business with their reputation, money and experience.

You're going to be lucky to be stuck at your desk for 29 years and get a severance when your boss cashes out and his company tanks.

You did it wrong friend.
>>
start trading dogecoin
>>
>>2626399
How did you make it all the way through college, two internships and six months of temp work without learning that connections are far more important than qualifications?
>>
>>2626399
you don't know the right people obvi

or you don't stand out in a good way eg leadership

get a CPA/CFA and suck the right dicks

or say 'fuck this noise', apply to OCS for whichever branch, work there until O3 then go to a top 20 B school and clear 130K coming out

>B school grad
>>
>>2626399
>I was told if I work hard, get good grades, and a decent major, I should be able to make good money
This is the hardest pill you will have to swallow. Now you have to go into full survival mode to outlast everyone else. A lot of the roasties end up dropping out of the workforce, so you will eventually get their positions. I had to go to the school of hard knocks after college, and it looks like you will too.
>>
>>2626451
>blue collared jobs make money

Gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

>>2626456
I dunno. Optimism I guess.

>>2626459
Youre probably right
>>
>>2626399
>this faggot works his ass off for peanuts
Why would they hire you and pay more for the same work?

Sabotage everyone around you with lies and try to infiltrate some other position you don't deserve based on connections alone. Always have multiple hustles. It's a finite system, if you want to be rich you have to take everything from others. If you want to be happy after that you have to enjoy their suffering.

Tl;Dr stop being a faggot.
>>
>>2626399
>babby's first fall for the hard work meme only to find out nepotism inbreeds look after their own
This is why I'm not a wagecuck.
Protip: buy the fucking dip right now.
>>
File: 1243341.jpg (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1243341.jpg
44KB, 657x527px
all in on DGB
>>
>>2626510
You're making 40k a year....a burger flippers in Seattle makes that.

I can make 40k in 4 months buy WORKING 60-80 hours a week. You're at what 12?! and your here bitching. Go fuck yourself.

What did you spend $60k at uni to learn how to draft memos?
>>
>>2626399
you think for yourself once in a while.
god damit
If you only do what others say, which you did, you gonna get others defining how you live.
Just go there. Say, you want a contract and a raise. If they don't give it to you you should just fuck off!!! They promised something, and they try to push you down coz you smell like you would eat it.
DEMAND IT!
If you stand up for yourself and for your ideas, you can make it happen. Hell, you won't have it easy, making your own road, if you've always lived like this. Following others will take you N O W H E R E
>>
>He thinks a difference of .2 in GPA should make a difference in job prospects

either you were listening to the wrong people your whole like of not one gave you good advice. It's pretty well-known/widely disseminated that it's not what you know it's who you know. George Bush giving a commencement speech at Yale said "to all the students graduating with honors blah blah blah, to all the C and D students, you can be President too!" lol

>2 internships
This was supposed to be who you know. You had to of done a bad job or went to bad companies or something...a lot of places strongly prefer to hire their interns and if their not hiring than you should've connected with your bosses from there on LinkedIn and looked to see who they knew and how they could help, if they aren't hiring and thought you'd make good employee they would be happy to. Same goes for professors.
>>
>>2626665
I actually plan to do this once I get another offer I'm happy to take.
>>
>>2626399
>>2626665

no seriously, you can just ignore most of those faggots here.
It's all about your limits. You have to know what you want, and where your limits are. Obviously you do a good job. You know that. SAY IT!!!
Your job is not that bad you say, so don't jsut leave, that would be stupid.

Go to your supervisor (who is paying you, not the one who is giving you directions).
Tell him what you had in mind. Tell him how you see yourself in the company. How it has been going so far. Tell him your expectations, and push them just a little bit higher.

If they are not met, you can just GO. In this case you will be ALWAYS treated like that.
In the next job interview, tell them beforehand what your expectations are. Tell them about this experience and how you are doing it differently this time, that you know what you can deliver, and know what you want and where your limits are.

People like employees who are secure, sure, stable, steady, ready, GO!
Remember, YOU CANNOT FAIL!
If you are treated badly, losing your job is actually an opportunity.
>>
>>2626703
That's kinda like giving them an ultimatum, people generally don't like that. You can say look I love working here and would love to stay but I was told this would be a temporary arraignment, as a permanent thing I'm not making enough to pay bills, pay student loans, and eat so I have to start looking for something else
>>
>>2626736
Hmm. That seems right.

Idk doesnt it come off as cocky and entitled?

>>2626738
Yeah... but if I told them that, they could just fire me?
>>
>>2626703
no OP... u don't understand.
You don't have to wait for an offer. You have to be active to get recognized and respected.
After 3 months usually there is a talk about the future. After 6 months it's either getting serious or you're getting out.

Don't be humble.
Go there, and demand it. This is not rude.
I repeat.
This is standard. They may act strict and thoughtful, but this is standard procedure. Every day you don't act they have cheap labor.

You are eccellent at school. You deliver good work.
They need you, not the other way round.
If you forget that, you get used.

:)
no joke bro, you are needed!!!
>>
>>2626807
I applied for a similar position in another department that pays ~47k rather than 50k and I told my supervisor. Was that a good move?
>>
>>2626738
you are just saying the same thing.
You don't wanna call it an ultimatum, but in the end it is always one. Doesn't matter how nice you can talk it over.

And this is standard, believe me. Bosses like good stable self-reliant workers.

You gotta be careful about your self-worth too. You need to set conditions, under which you want to work with others.
Don't end up as a slave, you can do it.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (107KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
107KB, 500x334px
>>2626399
>paid for college and believed the meme

Damn, If you went all in on crypto and just HODL'd instead of going college you'd be a millionaire
>>
>>2626854
Every relationship is personal.
If it's the same company, it is best to talk to your supervisor -before- you apply for another position.
They can help you with that. And they will talk to you about your motivations for that. Why do you want to change departments and stuff..

Your supervisors talk to each other too.
Best is to know what you want. Don't focus on money so much. You just set a goal, how much you want to get paid hourly. You just take the road straight to that goal. And do the work that you like.

You could have talked to your supervisor: "Hey yea, this other department has a job offering, I am gonna take it."... "why?" ... "Well, they pay a normal wage. Lower then I expect from myself, but ok" ...
You will be surprised how the conversation will change.
>>
>>2626884
would / could / should...
shut up!
this is business!
You can play with money when you have a nice job you like, and get thousands of $$ to put into gold or crypto or assets, whatever you like.

Those crypto fags are betting their lunch money, look at them!

- Do a job you like
- Don't underavaluate yourself
- After some time every job gets dull. Don't give up, grow further and set new goals

Follow this, you will thank mother earth
>>
>>2626854
ah, i forgot to say...
you did good :)

if you are applying for a job in -another- company, NEVER tell them. This is bad. The moment you tell them you want to go somewhere else, they will start searching for a new one and try to get rid of you.
Remember, they need your position filled. If you're shaky, they get scared really quick. That's one of the reasons why confidence matters so much.
>>
>>2626993
I guess we'll see how it goes. My interview could have gone better. $47K still isnt great but at least itll pay the bills
>>
>>2626806
you work there not me, if you say it like that 'I really wanna work here but I can't afford to eat and pay my debts' do you really think they'd say if you don't like it pack your shit and leave? Some bosses probably would but why would you wanna work at those places?
>>2626863
going to them and saying I have an offer match it or I leave or going and saying giving you guys plenty of heads up that I have to start looking around for full time employment if I can't get it here are not the same thing at all. any boss wouldn't perceive them to be. They're people too they know you need to eat and they know <40k a year is dog shit
>>
File: 1483882203607.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483882203607.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>2627015
Move to a country that will finance your slavery better
>>
>>2627015
If they don't give in to your demands, you better be careful to do everything by the books. Don't slip up and give them a reason to fire you so you can atleast collect unemployment when things go wrong.
>>
>>2627020
>They're people too
Yes :) you are right. I just have seen a few things. And I believe you have to have the ultimatum mindset.
Because your boss will try every trick he's got to keep you at a low wage, but still motivated. He will try to make you undervalue yourself. It is like a fixed process in the capitalistic machine.
If you don't have this mindset ready, you are very likely to go beyond (or over) your limitations and expectations. These interviews do not happen that often, and will define your level of satisfaction (or happiness) to some point for years to come.

I just know that feeling and this situation.
And I know that many university or college graduates are full of themselves, and do not deliver the work they need to do. Many are not fit to do wagecocking. But in the end we all are and have to. Even the manager is wagecocking through his excel sheets at night.

I got the feeling this OP is doing great. I hope you will fight for yourself!
Because the meme in reality is, that connections solve everything. If you don't deliver, those connections are gone so fast, as if they were seeing their uncles penis...
>>
at least you got a job, these crypto fucks don't do shit I swear. Also if you feel like your stuck rethink your current position in life and maybe learn some new skills in the hard sciences. I'm usually in heaven but when I feel like im in hell new knowledge and ideas are the way to go! Also if your always positive about what you do and how you do your job and keep learning people will envy you! believe me.
>>
>>2626562
>i muscled my way into this sweet bottle route downtown
>fug i love the other bums getting pissed while i sabotage their bikes to make the bins first LOL
>they cant catch me now so i taunt them while i cycle to the bottle depot
you're hardcore anon
>>
>be me
>drop out of college with 3.75 GPA, honors, dean's list
>buy a bunch of lil ant guys
>500 lambos
>>
The social contract of getting a degree then a good job is now broken. IF you find a better employer than jump onboard with them.

Otherwise go enjoy your life, maybe take a working holiday to Australia/New Zealand or go backpacking in Europe.(American perspective here of course...)
>>
>>2627164
>social contract
I think now we have more freedom. People are realizing that the greatest cunts can have the highest degree. And the lowest bums could make you a fortune.
Your work is what counts. The meme comes to an end. Look at Trump, he's pathetic, and has all the contacts, the money, the lambo jumbo. Still a loser big time.
>>
>>2626596
Honestly you are the one doing it wrong.
60-80 hours of actual work a week?
You obviously dont value your time.
Making half as much with a quarter of the work is objectively better because you can make money on your off time.
I make 80k a year "working" 10 hours a week doing network security analysis.
If I really wanted to make money then I would just get a job as a big rig driver and make 120k a year while only working 3 months out of the year.
>>
File: 1495626387853-b.jpg (28KB, 237x271px) Image search: [Google]
1495626387853-b.jpg
28KB, 237x271px
>>2626439
Faggot anon made me kek
>>
>>2626439
I laughed. Then realized this really applies. Hang in there OP
>>
>>2626562
>It's a finite system, if you want to be rich you have to take everything from others. If you want to be happy after that you have to enjoy their suffering.

You get it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.