[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not really a complaint, but an observation: How is San Francisco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: DG2015-san-francisco.jpg (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DG2015-san-francisco.jpg
1MB, 1600x1000px
Not really a complaint, but an observation:

How is San Francisco able to exist with such low pay wages for mid-high class skills while rent is more than $3,500 for a 2 bedroom? How do people pay for that?

Not even counting my girlfriend and kids, if I was by myself basing all this on job offers posted online making ~$60k a year, that leaves only $1,500 or less on everything else you do in a month. Utilities are about $100, food is about $400, travel and fuel and public transportation is about $300 a month. Health Insurance is around $95 a month. Car Insurance is another $60 a month. Internet is $60 a month. Phone is $30 a month.

That leaves LESS than $500 a month to save up. And I didn't even include my girlfriend and kids in this equation (counting my kids, my food bill is $700 a month leaving only $200 to be "saved" each month). How the hell are people living down there? How is that place not crumbling from the foundation up?
>>
Lots of people sharing rooms and shit.
>>
>>2616603
But what about families? I couldn't picture my family living down there on the income me and my girl make. And I doubt roommates would be ok with my kids banging on the damn walls every 30 seconds, haha.
>>
wasn't there a whole thing about workers from places like google living out of vans for precisely this reason.

also, that city smells like piss.
>>
You need min two full time wage earners in every household. Take on debt and no vacations.

Aka, right where the jews want you. Slave away your time to earn cash the Fed prints from thin air.

When you missed a few payments, they take everything tangible.
>>
>>2616593
Two hour commutes
>>
>>2616593
>with such low pay wages for mid-high class skills
What? I'm an EIT and make $70K. Me and everyone else I know are in the same boat. We all get paid much higher than people elsewhere in the country even though we have normal jobs. This is as a result of the cost of living. If you're seeing jobs advertised for $60K it's either a job that only goes for $30K elsewhere or it's for college students that were to dumb to get hired by the tech giants and think working in Silicon Valley will get them in there.
>>
>>2616593

The global economy has created cities where no middle class family can live in. Cities like san Francisco work only work when you have single and childless couples living there. It's pretty damning that so many people tolerate this to where you have multiple cities like this.
>>
File: 1497255768433.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497255768433.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
Just like any West coast cities....we're buying it all up.

We're like the new Jews.
>>
>>2616593
Your spending seems on the high side, and having around $500 left each month, seems also among the higher end of "normiedom".

That said:
San Francisco is a capitalist distopian hellhole, and I don't understand why SJWs - among all the possible brands of retardation - flock to it, and still treat it like a hippy oasis, while it stands for everything they loathe.
>>
>>2616593
>How is San Francisco able to exist with such low pay wages
what? i got several 140k+ offers out of university in SF/the bay
>>
>>2616593
Have you paid taxes on this $60k/yr scenario?? If not, you're starting point is probably closer to $45k take home
>>
I make 75k before taxes, live with one chill roommate for <30% of my take home. It's pretty sweet. My commute is an hour though but I can cut that to 45 mins if cummute by bike.

I'll agree with the other anon that it's a capitalist hell hole but if you can afford it some areas are still charming.
>>
>>2617588
>some areas are still charming.
Sure. It indeed has nice areas, for example the golden gate bridge in OPs pic looks as majest IRL as it does in the pictures, the cable cars are fun, and so on…, but it's not really a living city.
You either are rich, or you are homeless and shitting on the street, right in from of fucking Norstrom… (No, the guy was not indian).
>>
>>2617698
I'm neither rich nor poor, just fresh college grad making the low end of the tech industry. I'm up in the Richmond district and it's basically a suburb. No homeless anywhere, ton of little hole in the wall shops.

I'm not saying my situation is the norm but it is possible to survive in "the middle"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.