[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag what does shorting/long mean? If I wanted to take a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (14KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
14KB, 225x169px
newfag

what does shorting/long mean?
If I wanted to take a long position, does that just mean holding?
>>
>>2612479
Google and investopedia are you friends. Nobody fucking answer him.
>>
>>2612479
investopedia.com
read there
>>
It means the length of time you hold the coin for.
>>
>>2612479
it means YOU FUCKING KILL YOURSELF BITCH ASS NIGGA FUCK YOU NIGGA GET THE FUCK OUT NIGGA YOU AINT WELCOME NIGGA
>>
>>2612479
if you can't even look it up, don't bother putting money in anything op
>>
hey brobeans everyone is such a douche

it means get a li ttle bit of your mom's anal goo and stick it into ur nasals until you cant stuff any more

then you shall recieve the knowledge you are looking for
>>
>>2612479
It refers to the length and girth of your penis.
>>
long=hold for a long time
short=hold for a short time
>>
>>2612479

Welcome newfriend. It's simple really:

Short = buying a small or "short" amount of coins

Long = buying a large or "long" amount of coins

So if someone says they are "shorting ETH", it means they are buying a relatively small or "short" amount of ETH, typically between 1-10 ETH.
>>
>>2612648
kek
>>
It's the difference between "Buying to Sell" and "Selling to Buy".
>>
>>2613492
>>2612648
Jesus I thought you guys were memeing, but evidently you literally don't know what shorting is. Utilize search engines in the future before talking out your asses

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp
>>
with a long you have to hold for at least 24 hrs, but if it goes up then you get a 2% bonus on top of your gains.

a short can be sold anytime.

>>2612498
don't be a prick
>>
>>2612479
Long position is when the trade takes place far away, like when you tell someone "Go Long" and throw a football at them. Short positions are when you're investing in shorts, short-shorts, jorts, things like that.
>>
>>2613569

jesus christ you're an idiot
>>
>>2613569
how many levels of irony you on bro?
>>
File: Capture.png (28KB, 1056x266px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28KB, 1056x266px
>>2613569
>you don't know what shorting is"
>literally have an ETH short position open right now with $5k+ unrealized profit

You are just too stupid to see we were deliberately trying to give him misleading information. Who is the real idiot here?
>>
>>2613705
just a prank bro
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.