[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello Wojaks, I have been able to scoop up an RX 580 Gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hello Wojaks,

I have been able to scoop up an RX 580 Gaming X 8gb to couple with both of my AMD Radeon 7850 for some beginner mining
I also bought an EVGA G3 850 gold powersupply to aliment the system.

What miner should I use and what should I mine?
Currently on nicehash I make the following:
>7850s make 1.5$/day each
>i7-2600k makes 0.5$/day
>7850s make about 12mh/s each

what would the rx580 make additional? I am trying to reach the 5-10$/day mark

System is setup in my girlfriend's apartment she does not pay electricity, it's running 24/7.

Miners thread
>>
http://whattomine.com/
>>
File: 9f9.png (770KB, 680x576px) Image search: [Google]
9f9.png
770KB, 680x576px
Anyone know any updates about when 1070s or AMDs are going to be back in stock?

fml
>>
>>2607937
From the dude who just seemingly bought the last 1070 at 420 before it blew the fuck up to 800 shekels, I'm gonna start buying 5TB external drives and mine BURST.

Rumors are ranging right now, but Q2 2018 is a legitimate possibility.
>>
>>2607847
Pardon my ill-mind I simply don't understand how that website works.
And sorry for being unspecific, but which miner is the best to mine coins?
I heard of claymore, cryptoknight and nicehash but that's pretty much it.

Seeing how eth is tumbling down, is it still worth mining eth?
>>
File: U2ntitled.jpg (314KB, 1910x863px) Image search: [Google]
U2ntitled.jpg
314KB, 1910x863px
>>2608102

You can select your card from the list and it'll show you (roughly) what is best to mine.

I use Claymore with a 4gb 480 (overclocked) and get about 30 mh/s.

Everything is going down right now, but with AMD cards, ETH or any ETH based coin is still worth mining.
>>
>>2608186

Did you just overclock, or modded your bios? My 8gb 480 is only outputting 24 Mh/s
>>
>>2608289
Both! Overclocking memory will give you more hashes.

I also used - https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13

It gave me about 2-4 mh/s extra.
>>
>>2608186
Greatly appreciated.
Do you happen to know any reliable BIOS mod for an RX580?
I reckon both rx480 and 580 are rather similar but at a point the 480 performs better
>>
>>2608345

Well, thanks. I don't really want to flash a different bios because I'm too scared and use my GPU for work, so I can't risk it.

Did the overclock give you a good increase? How much did you overclock the memory? I'm fine with it, at least it's easy to recover.

My card is reference btw.
>>
>>2608383
Not for the 580, however I'm sure there are plenty around. You could look at tweaking the memory timings yourself, it's not too hard. Just be very careful if you do it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx

>>2608386
My 480 stock is 1306/1750 and I changed it to 1150/2125.

Don't push it that high to start, just increase the memory by 50mhz each time until the miner/pc crashes, then dial it back a little.
>>
>>2608533

Do I need to care about voltages?
>>
>>2608864
Not really. I used MSI afterburner to overclock and you can use Wattool to change your voltage if needed.
>>
>>2608892
Well, I tried it, and it didn't change anything on my hashrate, so I'll keep myself on stock.

Thanks for the help, anon.
>>
>>2609028
Welcome, good luck!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.