[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this game company is currently hiring for a position I want.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So this game company is currently hiring for a position I want. I noticed on linkedin that a former coworker from the last company I worked for is currently working at this game company.
I want to ask her if she could put in a referral for me, but It's been over a year since I've last spoke with her. At our company, we've generally got along pretty well and used to hang out for lunch and for drinks after work with other coworkers, so I don't think she would mind me messaging her, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

Should I just straight up message her and ask for a referral for the job? What's the best way to go about this??

How do you ask someone you know for a job referral??
>>
Buy nmr
>>
do you have way to contact her that's not through linkedin? if so , message her saying "hey, what's up" etc. catch up a bit and then transition it into asking her for the reference
>>
>>2600678
Good companies incentivize their employees to refer for open positions, so she probably would have a bonus coming her way if she refers you and you get hired. With that in mind, it should be relatively easy to refer you if you're not a fuckwit.
>>
>>2600702
kek
>>
>>2600707
Yeah no, just linkedin. Maybe Facebook though.
Again, I wasn't super close to her, but she would sometimes come out for lunch.
>>
>>2600707
Don't do this OP. Pretending you want to catch up with someone only to think you're being sly by bringing up a job at the end of it is insulting.

It's going to be obvious the only reason you were attempting to get close is for the referral, so just straight up ask if she'd mind and that you'd like working with her again.
>>
>>2600709
So how to not be a fuckwit?

I was planning to start message with
>"Hi Anon! How have you been? Hope all is well on your end. It must be super exciting working for [Game Studio] and way better than [old company], lol.

>So I'm currently on the hunt for a new job and I noticed [Game Studio] is currently looking for a [name of position]. It seems like a great fit for me and I wanted to know if you had any further info on the position, the team, or what kind of candidate they're looking for.

>If they're still looking for someone for the job, would you be able to put in a referral for me?

Not sure how to continue this from here. She's also a big weeaboo, and says stuff like "XD" and "thankies" so I don't need to be too formal with her.
>>
>>2600777
That's what I figured. Plus I'm not sure how long the job posting will be up so I want to just send in my cover letter and ask if she could put in a referral.

I'm just not sure how to ask for it cuz I suck at writing messages. I don't want to just say "Hey Anon, can you put a referral in for me for this position? Thanks!"
>>
what a bunch of retards

op go to her straight to her and tell her what do you need and why do you need it suddenly and she'll understand

the more you try to play around it the more she'll think oh this chewy motherfucker was just trying to get my recommendation
>>
>>2600809
Sounds good except the "lol"
Polish it up a bit - if she's going to stick her neck out for you, adjust your tone to more professional language to give her more confidence.

If you want to be really bold, ask her if she knows/can give you the contact info of the hiring manager (not HR). Contact him/her directly for with cover letter and resume
>>
>>2600927
Ok so how does this sound?

>"Hi Anon! How's it going? Hope all is well on your end. It must be super exciting working for [Game company] compared to [old company]. So I'm currently on the hunt for a new job and I noticed [Game company] is currently looking for a [job name]. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to put a referral in for me for the job? It sounds like it would be a great fit for me. Or better yet, would you know who the hiring manager is so I can send him my cover letter and resume directly?
Thanks! -[my name]"
>>
>>2601069
fuck me this board
>>
>Hi Anon, hope you are doing well!

>Does [Company] have an internal referral system? I was considering [Position] and was wondering if you'd like to refer me.

>I can also apply the normal way if not, no worries.

Straight to the point, but also gives her an out so its not weird if she needs to say no.

If she says yes, send her your resume and a short blurb/summary of your experience, etc that she can pass along to the hiring manager.
>>
>>2600678

dude you are way overthinking this. if you had a strong professional relationship then just ask her straight up, no need to sugarcoat it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.